Topics

RSVP: Lets whine about this Egroups server

larrycotton@...

Prodigy was getting bad. Everyone has complaints about AOL. Why not complain about this server?
----

Please select one or more of the following:

o There is nothing to complain about!
o This server trucks!
o I'd rather be knitting.
o This is the best server I have ever seen!
o I was opening my word processor and this poll appeared. Where am I?
o I can't read this. I'm using a Macintosh. :)
o Neat colors! What's in this coffee?
o This is the worst server.

by going to the following Web form:

http://www.egroups.com/vote?id=918262155948

Thank you!

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/puny

Larry Cotton <larrycotton@...>

Prodigy was getting bad. Everyone has complaints
about AOL. Why not complain about this server?
----

Please select one or more of the following:
Woops!

When I went to see the poll and found it gone I played
around with making one myself. Didn't realize it would tell
the list it was made. Just thought I would delete it but
forgot.

Don't take it seriously. I like Macs. :) Really.

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/puny

Lee Jackson <jacksonhome@...>

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 21:30:35 -0800, you wrote:

Don't take it seriously. I like Macs. :) Really.
I started the current round of Mac bashing, even though I have a Power Mac
9500/132 sitting in my studio now. I'm testing it to see if I can get my
E-mu E4XT sampler to work on its SCSI chain. Turns out that if you connect
the sampler to a SCSI chain with a Win9x machine attached, Win9x will trash
the boot sector of the sampler's internal hard drive. Macs aren't supposed
to do that, so that's why I'm messing with one.

I speak from experience when I say I don't like 'em. Personal opinion,
though, but at least it's not an ignorant opinion. I do not like green
iMacs with spam - I do not like them, sam@i.am .

Lars Hanson <parkersan@...>

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 21:30:35 -0800, Lee Jackson wrote:

Don't take it seriously. I like Macs. :) Really.
I started the current round of Mac bashing, even though I have a Power Mac
9500/132 sitting in my studio now. I'm testing it to see if I can get my
E-mu E4XT sampler to work on its SCSI chain. Turns out that if you connect
the sampler to a SCSI chain with a Win9x machine attached, Win9x will trash
the boot sector of the sampler's internal hard drive. Macs aren't supposed
to do that, so that's why I'm messing with one.

Did you get any of that on you?

I speak from experience when I say I don't like 'em. Personal opinion,
though, but at least it's not an ignorant opinion. I do not like green
iMacs with spam - I do not like them, sam@i.am .

Actually, in my experience with Unix, MACs, NeXT machines, and IBM PC's,
I usually find myself dearly wishing someone would find a way to incorporate
the best features of all four systems into one. I know it could be done if
only someone would try. Unfortunately, the current results leave most of us
wishing for this or that feature in one of the other systems, or cursing the
ones we haven't selected for their short-comings. None of the systems
currently in use really are perfect, but a *working* kluge combining the
best features of all of them would be an immediate hit, I think.

All too often we see such discussions as "for" or "against" something
(like the current impeachment debate), when really larger issues are at
stake (also like the current impeachment debate).

Lars Hanson
parkersan@... <mailto:parkersan@...>