#RogueRiddle 1105 answers #RogueRiddle

James Ertner

Sorry, Alex, but they’ve all been deleted. I was trying to clean up my computer before heading to the airport in a bit. Anyway, they were for the most part variations on my answers below.

Jim

From: One Sagan
Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎December‎ ‎21‎, ‎2021 ‎11‎:‎59‎ ‎AM
To: main@puny groups. io, James Ertner

Please publish all of the answers.

Here I am One Sagan

On Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 10:04:59 AM CST, James Ertner <jde31459@...> wrote:

Congratulations to Gary Reeves for being the first to provide multiple daffynitions to each of the nine words. And a special thanks to Lars, Gary H, Chris, Doug, Bill Crider, and Alex for also submitting great answers. I think this is one of the best turnouts in a long time. For those out there who didn’t play, here are my answers:

Acrostic: One angry bug.

Bar stool: What Davy Crockett stepped in.

Cobra: A brassiere for Siamese twins.

Deja ewe: The feeling you’ve sheared this sheep before.

Extinct: A dead skunk

Furlong: Desire for a mink coat

Gable: An effeminate male bovine

Humbug: A singing beetle

Information: How geese fly

Stay tuned for Rogue #1106 from Gary Reeves.

Jim

===========================

This week’s Rogue consists of nine daffynitions. There are no correct answers (except for mine, ha ha!), as I will subjectively determine the punniest ones and announce the winner by noon on Tuesday.

Not that you need one, but here is an example of a daffynition:

Buccaneer: the cost of a two-dollar pair of earrings

Without any further do-do, here are the words to be defined:

1. acrostic

2. barstool

3. cobra

4. deja ewe

5. extinct

6. furlong

7. gable

8. humbug

9. information

Let the game begin. And please, no wagering. And no public guesses! 😉