From: portagecreek
Sent: Nov 14, 2021 11:35 PM
To: puny
Subject: [puny] #RogueRiddle 1100 Game Changer

All,
Well, it has been 12 hours and zero guesses - I guess you are stumped with this game. So to get you in the game I will provide some give away clues I will call "game changers".

In the rogue below in CAPs are the solutions to parts of some of the riddle. I'm not gaming you.

____________________________

This rogue is an attempt to copy the styles of two of our most productive  riddle 'riters - Lars with 20 questions and Gary with the limerick fill in. Sorry, I don't have 20 in me and perhaps I don't have a lim either, but here goes 1100.

There are 10 little riddles and one limerick. All have BLANKS  for you to fill with puns to gather bingos. First person to get them all or first with the most by  11:00 PM Wednesday gets to host 1101 ( I can hardly wait 'til 10 more from that. You could be the one!

Every guess gets a clue. Yes, there is a theme. Please send your guesses to: gypsywagon@mindspring.com

________________________________

RR 1100:

1.
In golf it is a head to head competiition, or it could be hunters trying to pair hanging two trophy heads.

MATCH GAME OR MATCH GAME / MATCH GAME

2.
A term for a bunch of Wranglers getting together for a celebration.

JEEP PARTY/ JEOPARDY

3.
A term for worrying about the future of a private research university in Houston. BLANK BLANK( I think it is a spoonerism)

RICE'S PLIGHT/ PRICE IS RIGHT

4.
During WW II the army created a news clip consisting of bands from various bases playing military music. That film was called

REEL OF FORT TUNES/ WHEEL OF FORTUNE

5.
Furry rodents in an ilex tree are BLANK BLANK

HOLLY WOOD SQUIRRELS/ HOLLYWOOD SQUARES

6.
There is an effort (called TOTAL RUTH/ TO TELL THE TRUTH) to recompile all the Babe's baseball accomplishments and stastics.

7.
Edison moved to Ft Myers FL to raise exotic plants for experiments as filaments. Few know that he also raised large cats there too. Actually he had one special pet named after a unit of electrical power. Tom would introduce this beast fo visitors by saying "this is WATTS, MY LION / WHATS MY LINE

8.
Ty Cobb was known to "spike" any fielder attempting to get between him and the next base. This was known as CLEAT THE BLOCK/ BEAT THE CLOCK - spoonerism here.

9.
This folksy singer was in such demand during the Christmas season that he would often over use his vocal chords resulting in a sore throat which he doctored by sucking on a lozenge. Yes, IVES got a SUCRET  for IVE GOT A SECRET.

10.
Watching British television is so brutish for me that unless I lounge with my legs up I  become exhausted. My favorite daytime furniture was the CHAISE/ CHASE

now for my attempt at a lim.

11.
To hunt down this rogue you just get,
the best of the clues from each set.