#RogueRiddle 1078 #RogueRiddle

gary hallock

ROGUE RIDDLE 1078 - Launched Sunday, June 6, 2021 @1pm central

@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@
Send all guesses, gasps, grumps, gripes & groans directly to <gary@hallock.net>
@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@

Below you will find a series of 6 unrelated limerick verses. Each of the first 5 contains one or more BLANK space for you to fill with an appropriate (usually punny) word. Collect the 7 words from these first 5 verses and assemble them into the 7 blank spaces on the final line of the 6th verse.

The target phrase for that final line is going to phonetically similar to the properly assembled words. [Note: I have uncharacteristically include one unpunned word in the middle of the target phrase to give you some context.]

This particular Rogue is especially complex and may require some clues. Give me any sort of worksheet and I will reward you with some generous hints and/or tips.

First player with the correct (or nearest) worksheet wins the honor of hosting next week’s Rogue Riddle #1079

Gary (Leerless Feeder) Hallock

@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@
Send all guesses, gasps, grumps, gripes & groans directly to <gary@hallock.net>
@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@&@

1.
A child called to temple quite early
Arrives a bit groggy and surly
And example quite ample
One girl was called “Temple”
But answered, “Please just call me BLANK.”

2.
I’ll wager this word you’ll know, yet
I never do gamble or BLANK
‘Twas it what you thought now?
My meaning you’ve caught now
Get the gist of my twist and don’t fret

3.
Dairy air on a cow farm’s not rare
BLANK BLANK can’t overwhelm or compare
To the sweet taste of milk
Yet a gent of my ilk
Shouldn’t udder those two words up there.

4.
Quite high is the price a man pays
When “drinking games” often, he plays
He’ll go to bed groggy
Yet wake up still foggy
And spend sev’ral days in a BLANK

5.
A silence of lambs? That’s absurd!
For seldom has this scene occurred
The phrase is misleading
If you’ve heard them bleating
Ewe’ll know they are both BLANK and BLANK

6.
My calendar lately displays
Each date, but in really strange ways
Though this app is a mess
It’s still helpful, I guess
BLANK BLANK BLANK has BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK