#ROGUERIDDLE 1075: What a pompous circumstance #RogueRiddle

Adam Engel

Dear all,

While I was out camping this weekend, my cousin went ahead and celebrated a major life milestone. After four years and a lot of debt, Johanna Engel got kicked out of college with a piece of paper. In her honor, this week's Rogue has a more collegial theme than in weeks past. Let the puns... begin!

INSTRUCTIONS: I attempted to set up a weekend of festivities for Johanna with disastrous results. Each request I made was misheard, so nothing went according to plan! One point is earned for what was said (the blank), and one point is earned for what was heard (the setup). Winner is first to complete the worksheet OR person with the most points by Thursday, May 20th at 9:00 PM PDT. Winner will be announced then.

I asked for a _____ and all I got was a below-average handyman.

I asked for a _____ and all I got was a vertical writing surface covered in the FBI’s most wanted killers.

I asked for a _____ and all I got was a ceremony in honor of Red Bull’s namesake ingredient.

I asked for a _____ and all I got was a military leader in a dress.

I asked for a _____ and all I got was a fight with my brother.

I asked for a _____ and all I got was a written version of the subway conductor’s announcements.

I asked for a _____ and all I got was a hard candy with words written on it.

I asked for a _____ and all I got was… well, actually I did get the person at the top of the class. At least someone did their job right.

--
Adam Even Engel, M.A.T.
Lab2Class Fellow

"Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life."
-Immanuel Kant