Topics

#RogueRiddle 1059 - Chicken Pun #RogueRiddle

Aaron Fasel

One of the first jokes anyone ever hears in the English language (and maybe others? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) goes like this:

Joker: “Why did the chicken cross the road?”

Listener: [expecting a hilarious response, most likely a pun, asks,] “Why?”

Joker: [intending to hit the listener over the head with an unexpected response does just that by going mundane]: “To get to the other side!”

This is indeed a very clever little bit, but somehow it has become so popular, that the surprise ending, as it were, is lost on most people, having heard the joke even before they really knew what jokes are or how they work.

So I‘ve come up with a different kind of chicken joke. They come in a setup/response format and the response will SOUND familiar, even if you’ve never heard it before. Here is an example:

Setup: "Why did the adulterous sibling cross the road?”

Response: “To get to the brother's bride.”

Below, you will find a handful of setups and your first task is to find the intended responses. All but one clue you into the number of words. All but two clue you into the number of letters. The last one has no hints other than the setup, but I will accept most good answers that fit the format and more or less align with the setup. Of course if you happen to get the one I was thinking of, even better. I will give the hint that it’s easier than you might think.

If you answer all of them correctly, good for you, but I previously referred to this as a twofer because the winner will not be accepted as such unless they have submitted their own Chicken Pun, following the same format as the ones given. More importantly, if the winning score is made by more than one person, I will select the winner by choosing my favorite original Chicken Pun.

So in summary:
  1. Solve the riddles I have written
  2. Submit one or more of your own, using the same format (this is not optional)
  3. Winner will be the person with the most correct answers
  4. Ties will be broken by my unilateral and subjective evaluation of your original Chicken Pun joke submissions

Here’s the puzzle:

  • Why did the exiled Lion cross the Serengeti? To get to another _ _ _ _ _.

  • The trailer park resident wanted her maid to worry, so her instructions were: To fret over the _ _ _ _ _ _    _ _ _ _.

  • My mom has a distaste for dad jokes and puns, so after hearing these clues: You’ll _ _ _ why my _ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _ _.

  • What was the primary woe of the betrayed woman regarding her spouse? Regrets that her _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _.

  • What’s the best part of finding the Barrow crypt: You get _ _   _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _

  • When you didn’t like the ice cream flavor, your dad was the one: to _______ _______ _______ _______

  • How do you tune the radio dial to play hard rock rather than classical radio:

And don’t forget your original: