Topics

#ROGUERIDDLE 1050: TURKEY DAY EDITION #RogueRiddle

Adam Engel

The big 10-5-0 coming your way piping hot today!

Each year, I'm expected to take on a few more responsibilities when preparing for the big day. I cook, I organize, I grocery shop. This year, I got rather confused by the to-do list I drunkenly wrote down last year. I need your help deciphering them!

To get the answer correct, you must provide both the item on my to-do list and the pun. Guesses due by Wednesday at 5pm Pacific time so we can declare a winner in time for the holiday.

EXAMPLE: Watch or stream this annual NYC event while your brother helps you by coring and slicing a fruit for salad: PARADE / PAIR AIDE
  1. Make a biopic about the Mamas and the Papas, taking over a female lead part, while you make this dish:
  2. Your main ingredient for the previous dish should not come fresh from the grocery store. The best ones are dumpster dived from this colored receptacle in the back of the store:
  3. Undercook your meat. The food poisoning will give you the motivation to run these morning races:
  4. Import your fruits from Australia. Use the red ones to make this fantastic sweet and sour accoutrement for the meat:
  5. Go to the Apple Store. Get a new computer. Play calming music to revitalize your spirit as you prepare this dish:
  6. Strike a small fire and cook your spuds over it. The smaller the flame, the tastier the char when you serve these later:
  7. Go play some tennis while this dish is cooking. Make sure you emulate that German tennis player, though - the food won't taste nearly as good of you can't verb her name by the end:
  8. At some point during the day, be sure to turn on the big game for your family. Watching that team lose again will distract your family from all these small and unoriginal fibbings you should tell them:
  9. If you have leftovers when you wake up the next morning, cook them in a pan on high heat. Cook em real good too. The best leftovers are so dark and charred, you can taste then the whole day while you're out shopping:
  10. Above all else, you should make sure to celebrate the holiday in true American fashion: controversially transferring military vehicles to local police departments. You know, like the grateful Pilgrims did with the natives:
Good luck, y'all, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Best,
Adam

Adam Even Engel, M.A.T.
Lab2Class Fellow
Biology and Physics Teacher
Evergreen High School, Seattle, WA

"Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life."
-Immanuel Kant

Adam Engel

Quick correction: the example answer should be PARADE / PEAR AIDE.