Topics

#RogueRiddle 1014 #RogueRiddle

portagecreek

I know, it is too early, but I just typed this up and my system will not let me save it as a draft. So use it or loose it. I'm releasing now.

Rogue Riddle 1014

Instead of doing this riddle by the book I'll attempt a more novel approach. The riddle covers a many topics for everyone, but with a binding theme. There are several mini shaggy stories.

As usual. First with all, or with the most at midnight EST gets to be next in the barrel.

Please send your guesses to gypsywagon@...

1. For Cyn. This winter has produced extreme temperature swings. Farmers who milk cows for a living have a particular problem staying warm or cool. One particular milk farm has been supplying their help with those ( used to be trendy) soft leather Australian boots, but fibbing about how much they make your feet perspire when the weather changes. Milkers have been calling this place "The ----- of --- lie -------"

2. For Stan. A little bit of Tolkien and Dylan set to music in this one. Some of the taking Tolkien trees have morphed into palms, and Bob Dylan was fond of using their branches as fans. So, he really did not sing what people thought he sung when folks jumped on the words of "Blowing in the Wind". He really meant "THE ---- are my ------".

3. For Cyn and Stan. Children's story my eye! This little story is really about a Presidents wife providing him with a Monica as a Christmas gift. He called it. Three words describes it. 'Blank's Blank Blank"

4. For Gary. WSP also barely hid his adult thoughts about trees. It was really about him loosing his intense sexual desire (when it's gone - it's gone) while helping someone have the will to live thru an epidemic similar to what China is dealing with now. Three words.

5.For Jim. A bunch of smart guys from MIT get with a pack of wolves not cards and work a way to take the pups from their mothers without them wailing and crying enough to wake the whole pack. A story about this would be
"Bringing Down the Blank".

6. For Lars. A clue for a novel he previously finished in the 10th month of the year. "Blank for Blank Blank"

PlEASE SENT YOUR GUESSES TO gypsywagon@...

Cynthia MacGregor

This is for me? I know NOTHING about soft leather Australian boots.

Make it a splendiferous day!

Cynthia ("Cyn") MacGregor

Freelance writer/editor

www.cynthiamacgregor.com

Pass a smile along

Subject: [puny] #RogueRiddle 1014

From: PUNY <main@puny.groups.io> on behalf of Gary Reeves <gypsywagon@...>
Date: Friday, March 6, 2020 at 11:20 PM
To: PUNY <main@puny.groups.io>

 First with all, or with the most at midnight EST

First of all, midnight EST of WHAT DAY?

And, second, unless you mean TODAY, it won’t be EST. After 1 AM tonight (Sunday morning) it will magically become 3 AM and we will be on EDT, NOT EST anymore till November.

Don’t forget to “spring ahead,” folks!

Make it a splendiferous day!

Cynthia ("Cyn") MacGregor

Freelance writer/editor

www.cynthiamacgregor.com

Pass a smile along

Cynthia MacGregor

midnight EST? That would be 1 AM EDT

Not that it makes any difference to me personally—I never get up before 2 AM and often not till 3 AM—like this morning. Stan is sometimes up at that hour, though, although he doesn’t seem to be playing with us these days. And night owls might still be up from the night before.

Make it a splendiferous day!

Cynthia ("Cyn") MacGregor

Freelance writer/editor

www.cynthiamacgregor.com

Pass a smile along

From: Gary Reeves <gypsywagon@...>
Date: Saturday, March 7, 2020 at 8:55 AM
To: Cynthia MacGregor <cynthia@...>
Subject: Re: [puny] #RogueRiddle 1014

Cyn,

Tuesday night midnight EST.  The same glitch that stopped me from saving the draft also kept me from revising it after reading it. That seems to be resolved.

GR