Topics

Rogue Riddle "10-10 on the side"....And The Winner Is....

doug

My only player Cyn wins with:

Orange blob stop: Stopping for a cup of covfefe
Epstein: Suicidal driver
Weinstein bait: Sexy chick driver

I guess everyone else didn't "have their ears on" or were 10-100

Take it away Cyn

The number of this Rogue Riddle "1010" immediately brought me back to the 70's, the pre-cell phone age when CB Radios were King. For those who may not know much about CB's, they were the voice communication tool of truckers like hi-tech walkie-talkies. Then a little later, they caught-on with us "Roller Skaters" (average car drivers).

   As CB users surged, so did their desire to keep their messages secret mainly in an attempt to avoid speeding tickets and stay one step ahead of "County Mounties" (highway patrol).

Thus evolved the quirky coded and often comical language of CB'ers. And in order to understand what was spoken over the highway airwaves, a car driver who wanted to "join-in" needed to at least learn the basics before any trucker would welcome him/her into their caravan.

Some of the more popular secret numbered codes were: "10-10" which meant "Transmission Completed and Standing By","10-4" meant "Ok, Message Received","10-20" meant "My Location is or What's your Location?" and finally, my favorite, "10-100" meaning "Need to go to Bathroom"

Below, you will see a chart of the most common worded codes along with their meanings.

For this contest, either choose one of the listed CB codes provided below and give it a new clever,witty,funny and/or punny definition OR just invent a brand new code along with its definition.

Whoever creates the overall best code & corresponding definition will be deemed the winner and have the honor of hosting Rogue 10-11 ("Talking too Rapidly").  I will judge and choose which is best and the winner will be announced Tuesday morning.  Send your new CB Terminology with Translation to:  doug10101@...

CB Terminology
Meaning or Translation
Affirmative
Yes.
Back Door
something behind you. "Watch out"
Back It Down
Reduce your speed or slow down.
Bambi
A living or dead deer.
Bear
A police officer or law enforcement officer.
Bear Bite
A speeding ticket.
Bird Dog
A radar/laser detector.
Cash Register
A tollbooth.
Come Back
couldn't hear last transmission or want the other driver to talk
Convoy
A group of vehicles traveling together.
Copy
radio transmission is acknowledged "Copy that".
County Mountie
County police or deputy.
Covered wagon
Trailer with sidewalls and tarp.
Crackerhead
An insult.
Crotch rocket
A fast motorcycle.
Double Nickel
55 mph.
Driving Award
A speeding ticket.
Evil Knievel
A motorcycle cop.
Eyeball
To see something.
Flip-Flop
A U-turn or return trip.
Full-Grown Bear
State Trooper / Highway Patrol.
Go-Go Juice
Diesel fuel.
Good Buddy
10-4, good buddy way to say "OK, friend"
Got Your Ears On?
Are you listening?
Gumball Machine
Patrol car lights.
Hammer Down
Peddle to the metal. Go fast!
Handle (CB Handle)
CB nickname
Shutter Trouble
difficulty keeping eyes open or staying awake.
Ho Chi Minh Trail
California Highway 152. This highway has lots of accidents.
Home 20
A driver's home location.
Kojak With A Kodak
Law enforcement officer is checking radar with a radar gun.
Local Yokel
An officer from a small town, small county, or small city.
Lot Lizard
A prostitute that seeks out truckers as potential customers at a rest area or truck stop.
Mama Bear
Female law enforcement officer.
Meat Wagon
An ambulance.
On The Side
On standby.
Pay The Water Bill
Going to the bathroom.
Pickle Park
A rest area where lot lizards can frequently be found.
Plain Wrapper
An unmarked police car.
Radio check
How does my radio sound?
Rockin' chair
A truck that is between two other trucks.
Roger
Yes; OK.
Sandbagging
someone listing but is not talking