Rogue Riddle 1093 - Clue Set 1 -- #RogueRiddle
So far there still are just two players, Adam and Doug. Anybody else out there?
Time for some clues:
Hint: As always, please take the time to read the setup closely and use all the information provided therein.
Clue Set #1: Included below are the letter counts for the first five riddles.
Rogue Riddle #1093
This week’s Rogue Riddle consists of twenty riddles, each of which has two answers, although some might simply be slight rearrangements rather than full replacements. There is no particular theme this week, nor is there any particular form, as the title suggests.
Q: An involved punster?
A: HANSON / HANDS ON
The riddle will run until 5:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday. As usual, the first person to solve all the riddles will be declared the winner. If no one has solved all the riddles by 5:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, the one with the most correct answers will be declared the winner and will host Rogue Riddle #1094 next week.
As with previous riddle sets, the word BLANK can replace more than one word. In other words, seeing the word BLANK does not indicate how many words should replace the word BLANK. Further, the article preceding the word “blank” will always be “a,” never “an,” regardless of he punned word.
1. ‘Twas a subject of many a mention,
The company debate on a pension.
Too short was a decade
For any to be paid –
The deciding factor was BLANK.
(1, 3, 4 / 9)
2. There’s a theory the Washington monument is sexual symbol. That is thought by many to be a BLANK.
3. In France the spurious rumor about AFLAQ’s mascot is thought to be a BLANK.
(6 / 6)
4. The crazy mass murderer on the train clearly had a BLANK for his murderous spree.
(4. 6 / 10)
5. The mass of a photon is zero. A photon most definitely is BLANK.
(5, 6 / 5, 6)
6. As expected there will be no national census in Afghanistan because of the BLANK.
7. BLANK – A small Alpine country known for making train yard engines.
8. Prosecuting the theft of the old Bible provided something every lawyer needs – a BLANK.
9. BLANK – A Shakespearean comedy about a sheep’s preference.
10. It appears the Allies have parted BLANK over the recent submarine deal with Australia.
11. Perhaps the terms of the original contract for the Australian submarines was too complicated, leading that nation to seek a BLANK deal.
12. The effort at stealth aircraft design was a failure, as it was BLANK for all to see.
13. Rushing to a place of concealment, he’d BLANK.
14. De party split was because of BLANK of the leaders.
15. Any fisherman’s BLANK surely includes a creel.
16. What is the difference between an overzealous person and a house cooling device? One is a BLANK while the other is a BLANK.
17. What is the difference between a West African country and a frigid specter? One is the BLANK, while the other is a BLANK.
18. What is the difference between a common children’s pet and a really cheap musical engagement? One is a BLANK, while the other is a BLANK.
19. Deliberately allowing the wolf to eat the baby was a clear case of BLANK.
20. What is the difference between a small pile and an establishment for producing flour? One is just a BLANK, whereas the other is the BLANK.
These riddles are fairly easy and should fall rather quickly, so get in early!
And it would be great to see more new faces this week, whether or not you want to host next week’s Rogue Riddle! Please remember to tell me on your first guesses whether or not you are willing to host.
The purpose here is to have fun, so go ahead and play!
Please remember to ensure all guesses, surmises, suppositions, estimates, conjectures, SWAG’s, stabs, pokes, and other such are sent directly to me at: