Rogue Riddle 1089 - Clue Set 4 and Status -- #RogueRiddle

Lars Hanson

All,

    Still no players . . . .

    As a reminder, because of the one-day-late start this week, the riddle will run through Wednesday.

    Herewith the fourth clue set:

Clue Set #1:  The letter counts for the first five riddles are provided below.

Clue Set #2:  The letter counts for the second five riddles are provided below.

Clue Set #3:  The letter counts for the third five riddles are provided below.

Clue Set #4:  The letter counts for the last five riddles are provided below.

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#

Rogue Riddle #1089

Three’s a Crowd

    This week’s Rogue Riddle consists of twenty riddles, each of which has two answers.  The one exception is #13, in which both he punned and unpunned answers are the same.  For instance:

Q:  An involved punster?

A:  HANSON / HANDS ON

    The riddle will run until 5:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday.  As usual, the first person to solve all the riddles will be declared the winner.  If no one has solved all the riddles by 5:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, the one with the most correct answers will be declared the winner and will host Rogue Riddle #1088 next week.

    As with last week’s riddle set, the word BLANK can replace more than one word.  In other words, seeing the word BLANK does not indicate how many words should replace the word BLANK.  Further, the article preceding the word “blank” will always be “a,” never “an,” regardless of he punned word.

    The Rogue will run until 5:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday.  As usual, the first person to solve all the riddles will be declared the winner.  If no one has solved all the riddles by 5:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, the one with the most correct answers will be declared the winner and will host Rogue Riddle #1090 next week.

    There is a theme, which should become obvious as one begins to solve the riddles.

    Now, on to the riddles.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

1.  Many is the time I have heard a dog make noise, but I cannot think of a single time when I heard a BLANK?

      (5, 4. 5 / 5, 4. 3, 3)

2.  Ironically, in this eastern Mediterranean land there are only 17 square kilometers of scattered areas left where one can BLANK country’s national symbol.

       (5 / 3, 5) or (5 / 3, 3)

3.  I’m BLANK you, please leave off the trembling!

      (5 / 5’)

4.  The man was outraged when he discovered the seedling she had purchased to grow railroad ties would not grow to usable size for three quarters of a century.  “BLANK!” he exclaimed to the salesman.

       (10 / 3, 7 2)

5.  One BLANK syrup from these.

      (5 / 3, 4)

6.  It seems that Ms. Streisand has avoided wearing feathery neckwear lest she be called BLANK.

      (7 / 3, 4)

7.  Wouldn’t it be appropriate if this grower were elected to the municipal assembly or council?  After all, he is a BLANK.

      (5, 3 / 8)

8.  He presented the smoker with a receptacle -- from a BLANK, naturally.

      (3, 4 / 7)

9.  He jilted her in the coniferous forest, driving away and leaving her stranded.  Yes, she had been BLANK.

      (4, 2, 3, 5 / 4, 2, 3, 5)

10.  There are rumors that one French newspaper has a refreshing citrus scent as the paper on which it is printed comes from BLANK.

        (5, 5 / 2, 5, 5)

11.  Hero waited anxiously for her lover, but finding his dead body, cried “BLANK!” and cast herself from the tower to join him.

        (8 / 2, 7)

12.  The town decided to penalize pet owners for each instance in which their pets caused excessive noise by chaining their pets to a tree.  What tree might that be?  Quite obviously, a BLANK tree.

          (9 / 3, 3, 4, 4)

13.  The growing of BLANK trees is kept easily in hand.

        (4 / 4)

14.  Sri Lankan lovers often hold their trysts in the local spice tree groves, having found it most convenient to BLANK.

        (8, 5 / 3, 5, 5)

15.  The elastic in her garments was chafing – it would BLANK the wrong way.

       (6 / 3, 3)

16.  Some trees are BLANK because many people like them.

       (6 / 7)

17.  Craftsmen have discovered that a BLANK make the best container.

       (7 / 3, 5)

18.  I thought I would die if I could not get the Mediterranean fruit, but it turns out BLANK.

        (5 / 1’2, 4)

19.  The yacht’s wheel had been beautifully crafted by a friend, and so it was he took pride at being at the BLANK.

       (3 / 4)

20.  Just as it seemed the pandemic had peaked, along came the delta variant, which made us BLANK.

        (8 / 4, 4)

    These riddles are fairly easy and should fall rather quickly, so get in early!

    And it would be great to see more new faces this week, whether or not you want to host next week’s Rogue Riddle!  Please remember to tell me on your first guesses whether or not you are willing to host.

    The purpose here is to have fun, so

    Please remember to ensure all guesses, surmises, suppositions, estimates, conjectures, SWAG’s, stabs, pokes, and other such are sent directly to me at:

parkersan2001@...

    Have fun!