moderated ROGUE RIDDLE #1086 (Bingo & Reveal)

gary hallock

ROGUE RIDDLE 1086 (True colors) launched midnight-ish (central time) August 2, 2021

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

We enjoyed a moderately good turnout for this week’s game. Happy to see Lars back from his lengthy hiatus and again playing in full “claiming mode.” The also-rans this week include Chris Gross, Adam Engel and Jim Ertner who each submitted impressive worksheets. In his usual fashion, Lars kept plugging away and filled out 11 of my required 13 blanks.

I have own up to q bit of a “mea culpa’ on #9 as I’d failed to keep a master list of my answers and was thus unable to offer clues for it. I was pretty sure I knew the correct answer but after constructing my set-up, I just couldn’t seem to make sense of it again. To say the least, the same gag could have been worded better.

Answer reveals have been incorporated into the riddle list below.
Watch for Lars to post/host RR #1087 some day this weekend.

Thank you for playing,

Gary (Leerless Feeder) Hallock

=================

I’ve had a very busy weekend so this needs to be a quick’n’dirty Rogue if I expect to get it launched before my magical midnight deadline. (It’s always yesterday somewhere!) Okay, whatever! - Time to show hue my true colors.

Below are 10 riddles on the theme of colors. Each contains one or two BLANKS to fill with the common name of a fairly recognizable color. (No phony Martha Stuart names here)

Be the first to solve all (or most) of these and you’ll win the honor of hosting next week’s game. - Gary (Leerless Feeder) Hallock

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

0. (Sample)
If you fail to solve any of these riddles, BLANK me some sort of explanation.
#### YELLOW / YOU’LL OWE

1.
Remember that popular series of time travel films with Michael J. Fox? What was that first one called? I think it was “BLANK to the BLANK.”
#### BLACK / FUSCIA

2.
Even if you’re not a BLANK with my politics, you could still recycle to just to keep from over burdening the landfill.
#### GREEN

3.
Have hue ever BLANK that racy novel about my colorfully dyslexic sex life. It’s entitled, “50 Shades of BLANK.”
#### RED / GRAY (GARY)

4.
I was a teeny-bopper back in the 1960’s but I never got BLANK-go dancing
#### INDIGO

5.
BLANK you glad that not all colors are primary?
#### ORANGE

6.
If the cops arrest you at the protest march, don’t let them BLANK your BLANK to remain silent.
#### VIOLET / WHITE

7.
You seem really sad all the time! I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone as blue BLANK today.
#### AZURE (AS YOU ARE)

8.
An BLANK of years ago, my mom always bought me one of those large boxes of 64 crayons at the start of the school year.
#### UMBER or AMBER

9.
Some hues really just should not be offered at the paint store. I think we’ll soon move BLANK our inventory.
#### MAUVE (‘EM OFF)

10.
The sea captain looked at his newly acquired paper maps and immediately recognized that he’d been a swindled by a bogus cartographer. He was the victim of a BLANK.
#### CHARTREUSE (CHART RUSE)