moderated Rogue Riddle #1084 (BINGO & REVEAL)

gary hallock

Well, to put it obliquely, we had the usual amount of enthusiastic response on the game this week. I received a worksheet early on from Doug with 3 kills but it wasn’t until I twisted the arm of Bill Crider that I received his winning worksheet. 5 kills did the trick.

Expect Bill to post #1085 sometime this weekend. Also expect that I’ll be playing against whoever signs up to play this week, so you need not worry about being saddled with the awesome responsibility of hosting/posting unless, of course you crave it. Even then, you’d need to beat me!

Answer reveals are incorporated below.

Thank you for playing,

Gary (Leerless Feeder) Hallock

==================

On Jul 18, 2021, at 10:15 AM, gary hallock <gary@...> wrote:

ROGUE RIDDLE #1084 - Launched July 18, 2021 @ 10:15 am central time

%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%

Below you will find 10 short riddle set-ups, each on the timely theme of BICYCLING. In case you’re totally oblivious to current events in sporting, today marks the finishing (21st) stage of the 2021 Tour de France. If you are not into cycle sports and find this prospect daunting, fear not! Most of my target terms are generally known and not specific to pro-racing or at all Specialized. (That game may come Le Tour.)

Be the first player to knock out the most (or all) of these 10 riddles and you’ll claim the coveted honor of hosting next week’s Rogue #1085.

%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&% Summit all guesses, grunts, groans & grimaces directly to <gary@...>
%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%

0. (Sample)
According to the race BLANK, a contender needs only to BLANK BLANK be qualified to win.
#### SPOKESMAN
#### INNER TUBE

1.
The energetic bicyclist was unable to complete his ride because he his vehicle was BLANK BLANK.
#### TWO TIRED / TOO TIRED

2.
Although he wasn’t riding a high-end machine, the British cyclist did BLANK well in the race.
#### RALEIGH / REALLY

3.
An off-road cyclist stopped at a public restroom to “make a deposit” - After flushing it down, he bade farewell to his BLANK.
#### BMX / BM EX

4.
Many people prefer to enjoy bike racing by just watching from behind the crowd barriers. I guess you might say “These people get their BLANK-ing on the sidelines.”
#### KICKS STAND / KICK STAND

5.
Of the race winner who took a detour through a field of sunflowers, it might be said, “He really put the BLANK to the medal.
#### PETAL / PEDAL

6.
Daisy and her beau went for a romantic bike ride together, but it was a bright day and they weren’t wearing sunscreen. The experience really BLANK.
#### TANDEM / TANNED ‘EM

7.
Tour de France is going green this year. Same guy won as last year! They’re obviously in to BLANK.
#### RECYCLING / RE-CYCLING

8.
As a kid, I rode one of the most popular brands of American bicycles. When racing against my friends on their off-brand bikes, I would always BLANK.
#### SCHWINN / WIN

9.
This guy is grossly overweight and can’t compete in a bike race. That BLANK far too much.
#### VELOWAYS / FELLA WEIGHS

10.
For some reason the sight of cows in a pasture seems to inspire people to make a “moo” sound as they go by. For a Tour de France champ who passes a field populated by a certain breed, he’s more likely to BLANK BLANK.
#### YELL “LOW - JERSEY” / YELLOW JERSEY

doug

How is it that after grueling bike races, many cyclists go to the nearest pub and drink like fish?  Because they can handlebars/handle bars