Topics

Rogue Riddle 1056 Rockin’ Roles II #RogueRiddle

gregg siegel

So evidently after 1055 comes 1056. Who knew?

HELLO WISCONSIN!

Or wherever you’re from, and

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wherever you are.

Puns on Rock and Roll Bands, continuated.

Shouldn’t be anyone too cultish or obscure—all are Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ballot or inductee level performers.

Bands are the name, although with or without the article (The/A) if there is one. Individual artists can be full name or last name only. All are replaced in the clue with BAND NAME regardless of being an individual performer, group or band.

Send all responses to gregg17@..., or, hopefully just follow the RR hashtag. I’ll keep it going until Wednesday, maybe, Thursday, some other day? We’ll see.

First one to solve all of them gets bragging, rights? Or the rights to host #1057. Or the rights to not host #1057. It’s really quite a smorgasbord.

1. So the first three American Presidents, a visionary lot, were asked to name their favorite modes of 20th century transportation. The list was this: Washington Motorboat, Adams Helicopter, BAND NAME.

2. Remember that great vaudeville comedian Mr. Amsterdam, late of the Dick Van Dyke show with Mary Tyler Moore? I didn’t either, but I needed someone with this first name for this pun/joke thing. So, if I was to go on tour with his male drummer offspring, and I saw said drummer out on the curb as our transport was pulling away, I might yell, “hey, get in the BAND NAME.”

3. I’m easy. All I wanted for the holidays was a festive garland, a $100 bill and a two wheeler. So, in summary, that’s BAND NAME and a bicycle.

4. What else did I want for the holidays? Well, I was thinking that a new commode would be nice. And my momma needs a new patella joint, maybe one of those Avenger-type titanium ones. And a handful of greenbacks are always a nice touch. So to sum up, under my Magen David-topped Christmas tree I was delighted to find the following list of items: BAND NAME.

5. OK, I got lots of requests so I’m feeling obligated, and the omission in the last set I guess was kinda obvious. You all BANDNAMEing me to include them. So I dids.

6. Old Mr. Weinstein, god rest him, was a noted philatelist. He used those clear hinge thingies to put his finds into place. He was fast too. He could do like 100 in an hour, so it took him only a few minutes to BAND NAME.

7. They say that the good die young. But what about those who are even better than good? They might suffer a similar fate, and with a high degree of suddenness, toppling over right where they stand. To sum up, if the axiom is to be believed, the BAND NAME.

8. My pal has a thing against the season’s festive gall berry. I think it’s the green and red coloring. So he decided to color it differently, perhaps using some of the leftover purple, denim, ice blue, turquoise or one of the other awesome hair colors that his wife uses. I can’t wait—I’m going to witness my BAND NAME.

9. I’m trying hard to make ends meet for my family, but I don’t think it’s safe to be out in public, so long distance trucking seemed like a natural fit. It’s working out ok. My latest load is a DC to LA run with a cargo of cereal grains. That’s right, I’m BAND NAME.

10. Female chickens, surprisingly enough, are great at close up card magic. Especially that one with the cool markings that look like ice cream sprinkles all over her. Come see the BAND NAME.

11. So, this upper class British gentleman was of the opinion that I had had a dalliance with his wife. He challenged me to a duel. He slapped my face with a white glove and said “Sir with my wife you had BAND, NAME at dawn it is.”

12. This patient at the STD clinic where I worked in college was inexplicably bragging about how he had been there with great frequency. “I’ve had the BAND NAMEs of times,” he said.

13. So I’m thinking, it’s a good thing that it’s evening and hopefully the little kids are in bed and are being spared any seemingly off-color or violence-tinged commentary. What I mean to say is that I am BAND NAME squeaks are gone.

14. Take away her Vera Wang, but never her DKNY. “BAND NAME Karan dress will always be in vogue,” she said.

15. I am EX-static about my new composite deck. It’s BE-utiful! I had looked at many potential materials to build from, and I finally settled on BAND NAME. And I am so GUL-ad I did.