Rogue Riddle 1049 -- Revealed and Winner Declared
There were just five players this week.
Adam persevered, and has just edged Gregg out of first place, with 19 kills (95%) to Gregg’s 18. (90%). They are followed by Jim, Chris, and David.
Adam will host Rogue Riddle 1049 next week.
The final riddle status is as follows:
Riddles of the form “What is the difference between ...?” may be Spoonerisms or homophones.
The work BLANK may represent one or more words. It is up to you, the solver, to determine how many words replace the BLANK.
The riddle will until 5:00 p.m. EDT on
1. A vegetable for drummers?
BEET / BEAT
2. For some unknown reason, commentators and the news keep talking about some sort of arboreal election. It’s clear, because they keep talking about the BLANK.
POPLAR VOTE / POPULAR VOTE
3. What is the difference between a jazz musician’s shop and an old television spy spoof? One is a BLANK, which the other is a BLANK.
GETZ MART / GET SMART
4. An adjective for an athlete characterized by being humorous or playful?
JOCKULAR / JOCULAR
5. Sounding redundant, an instruction to stick promotional material on a wall simply said BLANK BLANK.
ADHERE / AD HERE
6. The unruly child ran away when he was faced with having to eat za`atar spread on a pita. Yes, rather than eat za`atar on Mediterranean BLANK, the BLANK.
FLATBREAD / BRAT FLED
7. What sort of school provides training for would-be arsonists?
PYRO TECHNICAL COLLEGE / PYROTECHNICAL COLLEGE
8. A vegetable for urban transportation?
CAB-BAGE / CABBAGE
9. In South Dakota several groups of boys began local rock groups. Quite naturally, these were called BLANK BLANK.
BADLANDS / LAD BANDS
10. What is the difference between a legendary castle and a place to acquire desert transportation? One is BLANK while the other is BLANK.
CAMELOT / CAMEL LOT
11. When mixing his maitais, the ambitious island bartender always added Demerara last, not mixing it into the drink, but layering it in the glass. In this manner, he always ensured there was BLANK.
RUM / ROOM AT THE TOP
12. Vegetables people often call plumbers for?
LEEKS / LEAKS
13. What is the difference between a set of wool garments and a Scandinavian’s bender? One is a BLANK, while the other is a BLANK.
TWEED SUIT / SWEDE TOOT
14. The young boy was incredibly vicious. Rather th a simply stealing other kids’ breakfasts at camp, he began murdering them for the meals. He had become a BLANK.
CEREAL / SERIAL KILLER
15. The religious order’s sisters regularly appeared in ill-fitting clothing. Indeed, it appeared they had acquired several BLANK.
16. A new paranormal ability recently has been identified – the ability to sense, understand, and share the feelings of others. Naturally, this new ability has been called BLANK.
TELEMPATHY / TELEPATHY
17. It turns out that to bring together easily becomes undone. Simply by transposing it, BLANK becomes BLANK.
UNITE / UNTIE
18. The boys in blue regularly got together to watch blue movies starring the police, with refreshments. They served BLANK while watching BLANK.
POPCORN / COP PORN
19. Modena suffered a rare pandemic years ago, all due to an engineer’s compulsive home-invasion tendencies. It seems any time people left their windows open Ferrari was there, sparking a BLANK epidemic.
IN FLEW ENZO / INFLUENZA
The engineer in question was Enzo Ferrari.
20. What is the difference between a vegetable and a shepherd dog’s adornment? One is a BLANK, while the other is a BLANK.
CAULIFLOWER / COLLIE FLOWER
Thank you all for playing.!
Take it away, Adam, with Rogue Riddle 1049!
Congrats Adam!!toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Congrats to you, Gregg! Twas a hard fought battle for first this week. I will not let you people down!
Adam Even Engel, M.A.T.
Biology and Physics Teacher
Evergreen High School, Seattle, WA
"Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life."
On Nov 11, 2020, 5:01 PM -0800, gregg s <gregg17@...>, wrote: