Rogue Riddle 1048 -- Status 4 -- #RogueRiddle
Gregg is inching toward a complete sweep, with Adam just behind him. They are followed by Jim, Chris, and David. There are five players so far.
The current riddle status is as follows:
Riddles of the form “What is the difference between ...?” may be Spoonerisms or homophones.
The work BLANK may represent one or more words. It is up to you, the solver, to determine how many words replace the BLANK.
The riddle will until 5:00 p.m. EDT on
1. A vegetable for drummers?
(4 / 4) or (5 / 5)
2. For some unknown reason, commentators and the news keep talking about some sort of arboreal election. It’s clear, because they keep talking about the BLANK.
(6, 4 / 7, 4)
Think of the name of a tree.
3. What is the difference between a jazz musician’s shop and an old television spy spoof? One is a BLANK, which the other is a BLANK.
(4, 4/ 3, 6)
4. An adjective for an athlete characterized by being humorous or playful?
(8 / 7)
5. Sounding redundant, an instruction to stick promotional material on a wall simply said BLANK BLANK.
(6 / 2, 4)
6. The unruly child ran away when he was faced with having to eat za`atar spread on a pita. Yes, rather than eat za`atar on Mediterranean BLANK, the BLANK.
(9 / 4, 4)
7. What sort of school provides training for would-be arsonists?
(4, 9, 7 / 13, 7)
What is another word for an arsonist? What is the short form of that word?
8. A vegetable for urban transportation?
(3-4 / 7)
9. In South Dakota several groups of boys began local rock groups. Quite naturally, these were called BLANK BLANK.
(8 / 3, 5)
10. What is the difference between a legendary castle and a place to acquire desert transportation? One is BLANK while the other is BLANK.
(7 / 5, 3)
11. When mixing his maitais, the ambitious island bartender always added Demerara last, not mixing it into the drink, but layering it in the glass. In this manner, he always ensured there was BLANK.
(3, 2, 2, 3 / 4, 2, 2, 3)
This is a drink. The riddle is not looking at garnishes, glasses, stirrers, or other such paraphernalia. If you would come out on top on this , you need to think about this being a drink.
12. Vegetables people often call plumbers for?
(5 / 5)
13. What is the difference between a set of wool garments and a Scandinavian’s bender? One is a BLANK, while the other is a BLANK.
(5, 4 / 5, 4)
14. The young boy was incredibly vicious. Rather than simply stealing other kids’ breakfasts at camp, he began murdering them for their meals. He had become a BLANK.
(6, 6 / 6, 6)
15. The religious order’s sisters regularly appeared in ill-fitting clothing. Indeed, it appeared they had acquired several BLANK.
16. A new paranormal ability recently has been identified – the ability to sense, understand, and share the feelings of others. Naturally, this new ability has been called BLANK.
(10 / 9)
Commiserating over a distance?
17. It turns out that to bring together easily becomes undone. Simply by transposing it, BLANK becomes BLANK.
(5 / 5)
18. The boys in blue regularly got together to watch blue movies starring the police, with refreshments. They served BLANK while watching BLANK.
(7 / 3, 4)
19. Modena suffered a rare pandemic years ago, all due to an engineer’s compulsive home-invasion tendencies. It seems any time people left their windows open Ferrari was there, sparking a BLANK epidemic.
(2, 4, 4 / 9)
This hinges on a name (and it is a classic!).
20. What is the difference between a vegetable and a shepherd dog’s adornment? One is a BLANK, while the other is a BLANK.
(11 / 6, 6)
Think of a breed of dog.
As always, it would be great to see some new faces this week!
Please remember to ensure your answers are directed to me. You should be able just to hit “Reply” (thanks, Norm!), but to be certain you may address all guesses, surmises, suppositions, estimates, conjectures, SWAG’s, stabs, pokes, and other such directly to me at: