Topics

Rogue Riddle 1044 - The Game's Afoot - #RogueRiddle

Lars Hanson

All,

    Herewith is this week's Rogue Riddle collection.  Most here should find these easy, so there is no excuse for not joining the game this week.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Rogue Riddle #1044
The Game’s A-Foot . . .

    One solution to ease being cooped up is to engage in some bored games,  or perhaps some scarred, or maybe to chop up the time with some diced games.  And that is this week’s theme.  The challenge:  Name these games.

    As usual, this week’s Rogue Riddle consists of twenty riddles.  Each riddle has two answers which sound similar.  Both answers are required for full credit.  Most of these are very easy one-word answers, but there are one or two “4.0 busters” in the mix.

   Example:

Q:  Though I may sound like something for an axle, actually I am a country.  What am I?

A:  GREECE / GREASE

    As always, effort has gone into the setup wording to provide necessary clues.

    Since this is a long weekend, the riddle will run one day longer, until 5:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday.  As usual, the first person to solve all the riddles will be declared the winner and will host Rogue Riddle 1045 next week.  If no one has solved all the riddles by 5:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, the one with the most correct answers will be declared the winner.

    Now, on to the riddles.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

1.    A game of hurriedly written words.

2.   A game in which sailors try to discover who tied a line to the corner of a sail.

3.     A war game played with breath mints.

4.     A towering game for toppling vociferous super-patriots.

5.     A game of musical instruments sliding among the dimly illuminated areas.

6.     A children’s’ game of clumsiness.

7.     A card game about male red deer.

8.     A card game named for a strange donkey?

9.     A game in which the players try to cover holes in fabric simply.

10. The challenge here is to carry dinner on a tray without spilling any.

11. Collecting an artificial sweetener.

12. A game wrapped in a piece of Indian clothing.

13. A game to begin thinking about oneself.

14. A game of indelicacy.

15. A game to arrest a stoned criminal.

16. A game of becoming a pop singer’s helpers through pantomimes.

17. A game about a lousy massage.

18. A card game about neutered animals.

19. A card game in a metal tin.

20. A Danish island gambling card game.

    As always, it would be great to see some new faces this week!

    Please remember to ensure your answers are directed to me.  You should be able just to hit “Reply” (thanks, Norm!),  but to be ceertain you may address all guesses, surmises, suppositions, estimates, conjectures, SWAG’s, stabs, pokes, and other such directly to me at:

parkersan2001@...

    To avoid public guesses (guesses to the PUNY list instead of guesses to me, please ensure your guesses are addressed to me at the address above.