There are now three players this week.
It appears this set is giving people a bit more difficulty than anticipated, so herewith the first clue set.
Clue Set #1: The letter counts for the first ten riddles are provided below.
Rogue Riddle #1037
Talkin’ ‘Bout the Animals
They share the planet with us, so let's talk about the animals.
As usual, this week’s Rogue Riddle consists of twenty riddles. Each riddle has two answers which sound similar. Both answers are required for full credit. Most of these are very easy one-word answers, but there are one or two “4.0 busters” in the mix.
One “BLANK” is used for each answer, where needed. Note that the indicator BLANK may stand in for one or more words. Also, note that the BLANK may be preceded by the article “a.” This provides no indication of whether or not the word or words the BLANK replaces begins with a vowel or silent “h.”
As always, effort has gone into the setup wording to provide necessary clues.
The riddle will run until 5:00 p.m. EDT on Tuesday. As usual, the first person to solve all the riddles will be declared the winner. If no one has solved all the riddles by 5:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, the one with the most correct answers will be declared the winner.
Now, on to the riddles.
1. What animal sounds modern?
(3 / 3)
2. This animal sounds like it likes to talk.
(3 / 3)
3. This bird sounds as though it is ready to go right from the outset, no preparation required.
(6 / 7)
4. An animal with a raspy voice?
(5 / 6)
5. Perhaps this animal lives in a college student building?
(8 / 9)
6. This animal loves to play by the riverbank, of course. That’s because a BLANK BLANK have fun.
(5 / 6)
7. This canine appears in rainstorms.
(6 / 6)
8. This animal bears watching, as it caters to baser instincts. Yes, the BLANK has been known to BLANK.
(5 / 6)
9. This animal is much beloved. Many find a BLANK quite BLANK.
(4 / 4)
10. This bird has its own desk in a hotel lobby.
(7 / 5-2, or 5, 2, or 7) (Different spellings, but the same answer.)
11. The lazy BLANK can be found BLANK in the veldt.
12. As for the canine mentioned earlier, you know it was brought out by the BLANK, right?
13. Is it a BLANK who deputizes sheriffs for a posse?
14. Perhaps this lizard is an appropriate decoration for a traditional Japanese ceramic stove.
15. The BLANK is one of the largest cervine species. There are many of its BLANK around.
16. This bird sounds as though it has done time. The BLANK sounds as though it has spent BLANK behind bars.
17. This bird seems to be something preachers are often calling for, when they say, “... and now let BLANK.”
18. A farm youngster has escaped! Yes, the BLANK took it on the BLANK!
19. Do the mythical sirens have one of these? There’s been many a tale of the sirens’ BLANK.
20. Down Under, the BLANK sounds like something someone in the Ozarks might say after hearing about something unusual.
As always, it would be great to see some new faces this week!
Please remember to ensure your answers are directed to me. You should be able just to hit “Reply” (thanks, Norm!), but to be sure you may address all guesses, surmises, suppositions, estimates, conjectures, SWAG’s, stabs, pokes, and other such directly to me at: