Topics

#Rogue Riddle 1030 - A big clue #rogue

bill crider

So far, not a single guess.
Are these really that hard?
OK, I'll give you a really big clue. Both these punchlines, in the punned version, are about men losing the fur off the top of their heads as they get older. Do you know how hard it is to say that without using any of the target words? Here's another clue: none of the words are repeated.
Here's another clue: Just tell me you'll host next week, and I'll tell you the answers!

Send your guesses to bill.crider at gmail.com.
We have not had any shaggy dog stories in a while, so I thought I would throw a couple in this week. One is original, and one is an oldie.
A shaggy dog is a long story with a complex pun as a punchline. In this case, the puns are not really very complex - just three words.
The puns are also based on the same topic, although the stories would not lead you to believe so. The puns have no relation to the actual stories. That is, the unpunned words complete the stories, but in shaggy dog fashion, the puns are unrelated to the story.
Don't reply all! If you do, everyone will see your guess and we will draft you to host next week. Instead send your guesses to bill.crider at gmail.com

1. When Cliff the postman delivered packages, he was known to stop and chat with the folks he was delivering to. Like those at the bar, these conversations often became long and involved. It seemed Cliff could easily start a conversation, but could find no way to end one. If the postal customer was a lady, especially an attractive lady, the topics sometimes became inappropriate. Especially in today's sensitive times, Cliff was an anachronistic throwback to an earlier era. Eventually, of course, it got him in trouble. After repeated warnings and disciplinary actions, Cliff was eventually fired, all because of Cliff's Blank Blank Blank.

2. In an alternate universe, there is no Sahara Desert. Instead, North Africa is covered by a luxurious Sahara Forest. It is all because of the descendants of a man named Sinuheh. (True fact: In ancient Egyptian, Sinuheh means 'Son of the Sycamore.') In ancient times, North Africa was a vast grassland. But Sinuheh saw in a dream that it would become a desert. Determined that he would not allow this to happen, he began planting vast orchards of every kind of tree he could find. From these he became very wealthy, and had many wives and many sons. He raised up these sons and passed on his vision to them, and made them promise to pass it on to their sons. Through dozens of generations they continued this family tradition, and eventually all of North Africa was a vast forest because of Sinuheh's Blank Blank Blank.
_._,