Kirk jumped on this week’s Rogue Riddle early, gaining a commanding lead which he never lost. Doug followed closely behind Kirk’s initial foray, but despite a final surge this morning, was unable to catch Kirk. Our Learless Feeder, Gary H. essayed one stab at the riddles and then disappeared.
Altogether there were seven players, with Jm, One Sagan, Gary R., and Chris having joined the fray. Unfortunately some were delayed in joining because of mail delivery problems, keeping them out of the competition for the first two days, a tough handicap given Kirk’s solid lead.
Kirk is this week’s clear winner and will host Rogue Riddle #1017 next week.
The final standings among the top three are:
The final riddle status is as follows:
Rogue Riddle #1016
It’s a Pandemic
It seems the topic is unavoidable, and it is ubiquitous. So this week’s Rogue plays on the only subject being talked about today.
This week’s Rogue Riddle consists of twenty riddles, each of which has one answer. Each set-up should bring to mind a name which puns on the topic du jour. For instance:
Q: A disease afflicting beer?
A: CORONA virus
This may look straightforward, but there are a few puns involved. Reading the clue aloud may help with these.
The riddle will run until 5:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday. As usual, the first person to solve all the riddles will be declared the winner. If no one has solved all the riddles by 5:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, the one with the most correct answers will be declared the winner and will host Rogue Riddle #1017 next week.
Now, on to the riddles.
1. A disease which affects colonels?
CORN EAR virus
2. A disease which afflicts singers?
3. A disease which produces a rust-like rash?
4. A disease afflicting medical examiners?
5. A disease which produces markings resembling flower petals?
6. A disease which produces small crown-like markings?
7. A disease of the eye?
8. A disease found off San Diego?
9. A disease which afflicts paronomasiacs?
10. A horn-shaped pathogen?
11. An intersecting pathogen?
12. A disease which afflicts certain musicians?
13. A pathogen found in hallways?
14. A malady of the heart?
15. A suggestive malaise?
16. A disease which addles the brain resulting in retelling of old jokes?
17. A disease which affects sea birds.
18. A pathogen which might cause dizziness?
19. A disease affecting toreros?
20. A disease which could make one urp?
Thank you all for playing.
Take it away next week with Rogue Riddle #1017, Kirk!