Well, it is late on Tuesday and I think it is safe to call RR 1014 for Gary Hallock who won 5 of the 6 contested riddles. Cyn stayed in 2nd place. Thanks to everyone who played.
ANSWERS are below in CAPS:
Rogue Riddle 1014
Instead of doing this riddle by the book I'll attempt a more novel approach. The riddle covers a many topics for everyone, but with a binding theme. There are several mini shaggy stories.
As usual. First with all, or with the most at midnight Tuesday EDT gets to be next in the barrel.
Please send your guesses to gypsywagon@...
1. For Cyn. This winter has produced extreme temperature swings. Farmers who milk cows for a living have a particular problem staying warm or cool. One particular milk farm has been supplying their help with those ( used to be trendy) soft leather Australian boots, but fibbing about how much they make your feet perspire when the weather changes. Milkers have been calling this place "The ----- of --- lie -------"I LOOKED ON CYN'S FB PROFLIE AND SHE HAD LIKED A BOOK CALLED "THE DIARY OF AN UGLY SWEATER". THE WINNING PUN "THE DAIRY OF AN UGG LIE SWEATER".
2. For Stan. A little bit of Tolkien and Dylan set to music in this one. Some of the taking Tolkien trees have morphed into palms, and Bob Dylan was fond of using their branches as fans. So, he really did not sing what people thought he sung when folks jumped on the words of "Blowing in the Wind". He really meant "THE ---- are my ------". STAN AND RICHARD LERDERER TEAMED UP FOR 'THE ANTS ARE MY FRIENDS" AND THE PUN WAS "THE ENTS ARE MY FRONDS".
3. For Cyn and Stan. Children's story my eye! This little story is really about a Presidents wife providing him with a Monica as a Christmas gift. He called it. Three words describes it. 'Blank's Blank Blank"
NOPE. I AM NOT GIVING THE ANSWER. I WILL PRIVATELY TO DOUG AND GARY WHO BOTH MADE ATTEMPTS.
4. For Gary. WSP also barely hid his adult thoughts about trees. It was really about him loosing his intense sexual desire (when it's gone - it's gone) while helping someone have the will to live thru an epidemic similar to what China is dealing with now. Three words.
WILLIAM SYDNEY PORTER WROTE "THE LAST LEAF". GARY'S CORRECT PUN WAS "THE LUST LEAVES'
5.For Jim. A bunch of smart guys from MIT get with a pack of wolves not cards and work a way to take the pups from their mothers without them wailing and crying enough to wake the whole pack. A story about this would be
"Bringing Down the Blank". "BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE"/BRINGING DOWN THE HOWLS
6. For Lars. A clue for a novel he previously finished in the 10th month of the year. "Blank for Blank Blank" "HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER"/HINT FOR READ OCTOBER.
GARY GETS THE WIN AND NEXT WEEK IT IS HIS TURN.