Topics

Punnit, O. Henry, Pun Intensive and Rogue Riddle…and Thanksgiving Maude-lin

gregg siegel

Hey I just finished taping an episode of Punnit, a pun mashup podcast from the UK. (Can you believe the bastards gave me, the American, “British Prime Ministers” as a topic? I’m like “uhhh…do you guys still have Winston Churchill?”)

Still, I did a little bit better than the first time I was on, where they put me up against someone who was, evidently, a famous British battle rapper, who came into the preshow full on in character. A little aggro. Not what I’m used to. But still a lot of fun, in an intimidating kid of way. The only other American on the show before was that talented Jerzy boy who seems to win pun things a lot, so I guess I’m honored. Uh, honoured.

Anyway I did take the opportunity to plug Rogue Riddle, Pun Intensive and the O. Henry Punoff, so maybe we’ll get some more international traffic all around.

And since I always like to cross pollinate, check out Punnit anywhere fine podcasts are proferred—https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/punnit-the-pun-gameshow-podcast/id1482310652 for one, or just google Punnit pun game show. Enjoy my humilation on Episode 37, which, although recently released was actually taped back in May or June. And watch for my second appearance whenever they get it out. Spoiler alert: My 0% winning record is still 100% intact.

Nevertheless, they are all worth listening to. Like Pun Intensive, WAY binge-worthy if you like puns. Perhaps even better than other binge-ables like that brilliant chess woman show or the crazy tiger dude one! OK, not as good as Hill House, although somewhat funnier in spots.

On a serious note, I know that for many of us there are far fewer things to be thankful for this year. For me, I don’t have to dig too deep to name discovering O’Henry, Pun Intensive, Punnit, Rogue Riddle and the friends I’ve met from these and other pun community projects as a highlight that would stand out even in a normal year. So let me just say to everyone may your Thanksgiving Day be the best it can be in spite of it all, and may Thanksgiving 2021 be the best ever for all of us—and for the world.

Aaron Fasel

Here here!

I guess if we’re taking about podcasts I should  say “hear hear!”

By the way, Gregg is in episodes 35 and 36 on punintensive.com/podcast

Aaron

On Nov 24, 2020, at 5:48 PM, gregg s <gregg17@...> wrote:

[...]

And look for Aaron’s dulcet tones in episodes 1-36!

“Zinger of the week. ZINGER of the WEEK!”

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!