Topics

midnight comes to RR 1057

portagecreek

Well, it came and went and so does #1057.

There was one player that had half the answers and another that had 3 of four. One other was confident they could complete the bingo.

Non of these people really wanted to host, and I understand. The plan now is to drop the word association game and move toward another format for 1058, but without changing hosts.

So, see you all again this weekend.

Gary Reeves

Marilyn L. Van Driesen

Thank you!  Some of our brains aren't made for word association games.

--
                  ~~ Remember ~~

If you forward this, please remove all email

addresses before you send it on, and use the Bcc:

area when forwarding to friends.

      “Be kind to our email friends”

--
Marilyn L.

portagecreek

Marliyn,

Thanks for the feedback. I thought it would make it easier. For example the first two were

Doubting BLANK and BLANK in the neck.  The words that pop up when I hear those phrases are "Doubting THOMAS and PAIN in the neck". Hence Thomas Pain = Thomas Paine. The entire rest of the riddle was his most famous first line from "The Crisis" . These are the times that try men's souls".

My plan this weekend it to revert to the most successful riddle games we ever had - the F series. They were short easy and fun. So, I'll try to have a bunch of riddles with puns. Right now I have no idea what they will be or if they will even be on a related subject.

Thanks again, It good to know that someone else was looking at the riddle. Jim Ertner had the win if he wanted. I was really looking toward seeing one of his riddles again.

the other Gary