moderated Rogue 1085 Reveal and BIngo #RogueRiddle

bill crider

Many thanks to Doug, Aaron and Gary Hallock for participating this week. Gary takes the honors and will host Rogue 1086.

Herewith the solutions:

1. The alien autopsy revealed that the brain consisted entirely of a hypothalamus, thalamus, amygdala and hippocampus. That's right, the alien brain was blank blank.  ALL LIMBIC

2. "Doctor, you've got to help me! I'm only 33 years old but I've developed Erectile Disfuction," said the patient (not a misspelling, a Freudian slap). The doctor replied "Blank, blank blank?"  OH, LIMP PRICK?

3. The photographer made a name for herself photographing dead trees in barren landscapes. Her surreal imagery was very popular. She published a coffee table book entitled "Blank blank blank." ALL LIMB PICS

4. Popeye and Bluto fought often over Popeye's girlfriend, and she would frequently swoon and fall to the ground in a faint. She would hit the ground in a most dramatic fashion. Recently I saw a collection of her 'best hits' entitled "Blank Blank." OYL IMPACTS

5. The ancient Romans hated the tribes of Caledonia (which we now call Scotland) with a passion. They found them insufferable. After centuries of warfare, they eventually entered into treaties with some tribes, but those tribes broke every treaty. Finally the Romans decided these northerners could not be trusted, and just built Hadrian's wall to keep them out. Because of their tendency to prevaricate, one of the epitaphs the Romans used for these people was "blank blank blank."  ALL LYING PICTS

Let's make it easy. This week is the Olympic Games. In honor of the Games, every pun below is a pun on the word 'Olympic'. You need only come up with the pun.
Bonus points will be awarded to those players who come up with original setups on the word 'Olympic' or 'Olympics' or who come up with puns on individual games, such as 'gymnastics' or 'swimming.'
Don't Reply All!
Send your puns to bill.crider@...
(Sorry for no Rogue Warning. I need to rush off to a prior commitment. I'll be away from computer for most of the day, but will try to reply from my phone to any questions.)
When you reply, please indicate if you will be willing to host next week's Rogue.

[...]

I can think of at least three more puns on 'Olympics', but I'm feeling impish, so I will leave them out to give you something to build your puns on. I'm sure you can dig something up.
That's Oyl, Folks!