#RogueRiddle 1029 Results! #RogueRiddle
Thank you to all of the people who participated in this week's dad joke themed riddle! You know who you are, but just to show the love, thank you to...
Marlyn Van Driesen
One Sagan (Is that your name?)
And the winner is -- drumroll please -- Marilyn with a whopping 18 correct! Marilyn, will you claim hosting duties next week? (Also, your email bounced back to me twice.)
Runner up is Kirk Miller with 17. YAY! Kirk, will you host if Marilyn can't?
My answers are below, but some of you came up with some excellent alternatives!
1. When is a door no longer a door? When it's ajar.
2. Which of the Great Lakes is the creepiest? Lake Erie
3. Why do lawyers drink too much? They are members of the Bar (Anything about bars and/or cases would work.)
4. Your love means nothing to me. Why? We're on a tennis court.
5. Why did the ghost take the elevator? To lift his spirits.
6. What did one shape ask the other when it repaid its loan? Are we square?
7. Why couldn’t the bicycle stand up by itself? It was two/too tired.
8. What do you call cheese that isn’t yours? Nacho cheese
9. What do you call a belt with a watch on it? A waist of time
10. Why could I only give you one sly animal? Because I couldn't give two fox! (I know, I know!) Aaron was the only one who guessed this.
11. Where do lumberjacks track their work hours? Their daily or work log
12. Why was the math textbook sad? It had too many problems
13. What did the farmer yell at the tree that wouldn't produce any fruit? Grow a pear!
14. What’s the only kind of photo coffee can take? A mug shot
15. Where are dead computer hackers buried? Decrypt
16. What’s an astronaut’s favorite computer key? Space bar
17. What do you call a factory that makes ‘meh’ products? A satisfactory or unsatisfactory
18. What do you call a fake noodle? an impasta
19. Why did the smartphone need reading glasses? It lost its contacts.
20. When does a joke become a dad joke? When it becomes apparent!
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
We had a last-minute submission from Bill Crider who got a whopping 19 correct! He will be hosting #RogueRiddle 1030 next week! Congrats!
And small correction -- Kirk got 18 correct, not 17. :)
Lastly, some of the best non-correct responses:
Why did the ghost take the elevator?
He was Fred Astaires. (Credit: Gary H.)
What do you call a belt with a watch on it?
The only time something so close to my junk has a twelve on it. (Thanks, Aaron. ;))
When does a joke become a dad joke?
As soon as nobody laughs. (Sad but true. As I always say, "Grown people make puns. Pun people make groans.")