Topics

Bingo and Reveal --Bilingual (Sort of) #RogueRiddle #1024 #RogueRiddle

bill crider

Bingo and Reveal- Bilingual (Sort of) #RogueRiddle #1024

Diana Gruber (one of the smartest people I know) perfectly solved this Rogue on the first pass, as did Lars. However, Lars (having hosted frequently of late) declined to host. Diana has graciously agreed to host Rogue #1025. I apologize for the late announcement. Here are the solutions:

Spanish

1.       The Mexican magician waved his wand, said ‘Uno, Dos,” and disappeared without a TRES (TRACE).

2.       Outside my window I had a vine-like bush with fragrant clusters of purple flowers. But it died. When I cut it down, I said “Hasta la WISTERIA (VISTA), Baby.”

3.        “Are you going to the country to see your mom?” “No, I am going to the city to CIUDAD (SEE YOUR DAD)”

4.       Did she kick her sister with her foot? No, she hit her brother with HERMANO (HER HAND).

French

1.       The waiter in Paris asked “Would you like two eggs in your omelette?”  I replied “One egg is UN EOUF (ENOUGH).”

2.       There were three cats on the Titanic. Do you know what happened to them?  UN DEUX TROIS QUATRE CINQ (QUATRE CINQ sounds like  CAT SANK)

3.       I got a new lawn mower, so now I can COUP DE GRAS (sounds sort of like CUT THE GRASS but doesn’t translate that way).