Topics

PUNY Subgroup Limericks-n-Haiku Now Imported From Yahoo #administrivia

Lee Jackson

This is just a quick note to let you know that there are 30 new members of the Limericks-n-Haiku subgroup tonight, thanks to Groups.io's Easy Groups Transfer function. We were able to piggyback the transfer of the old Yahoo L_n_H group into the L-n-H subgroup, since the main group (PUNY) is already a premium group.

What this means to the PUNY group is that there are now 30 new PUNY members, since subgroup members have to be members of the main PUNY group. If you are one of the new members and you don't want to receive PUNY e-mail, you can go into the Subscription tab on the left side bar while in the main PUNY group and change things so that you only receive special notices. Just make sure that you go into the same tab while you're in the L-n-H subgroup and set things up so you receive e-mail from the L-n-H list. (Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any.)

Welcome aboard, and thank you for putting up with the transfer!

--
Lee Jackson, PUNY group Administrangler
Visit the PUNY and O. Henry Museum Web Sites!

joseph h

[...]

Thank you Lee, for strangling this into submission, both for L&H and PUNY. It may be that the experience establishes that Yahoo is truly well named!

Joseph

Lee Jackson

A quick note: replying the old way (below the signature of the prior person) no longer works. If you see a pair of dashes followed by a line break and a signature, like the one below each of my messages, then that's something Groups.io automatically put there. If you try and insert your reply into that space, Groups.io will assume that it's part of my signature and will grey it out.

From here on, your best bet would be to just use the reply space that Groups.io automatically gives you. I'm sorry if it breaks tradition, but better that than breaking software.

On 11/27/2019 2:01 AM, joseph h via Groups.Io wrote:
Thank you Lee, for strangling this into submission, both for L&H and PUNY. It may be that the experience establishes that Yahoo is truly well named!

Joseph

Lee Jackson

But in any case - you're welcome, Joseph! It was my pleasure (and near-fatal heart attack when Yahoo's servers went down). :)

On 11/27/2019 9:57 AM, Lee Jackson wrote:

A quick note: replying the old way (below the signature of the prior person) no longer works. If you see a pair of dashes followed by a line break and a signature, like the one below each of my messages, then that's something Groups.io automatically put there. If you try and insert your reply into that space, Groups.io will assume that it's part of my signature and will grey it out.

From here on, your best bet would be to just use the reply space that Groups.io automatically gives you. I'm sorry if it breaks tradition, but better that than breaking software.