Topics

New PUNY Group Feature - RougeRiddle Hashtag

Lee Jackson

At Cyn's prompting, I did a bit of poking around in the Group Manager help files and found out how to set up hashtags for all of you to use. Of course, the one that Cyn wanted to see implemented was one that would prevent replies from coming back to the group on Rogue Riddles (i.e., public guesses). I've got that working now.

So, from now on, when you start a Rogue Riddle thread, add the #RogueRiddle hashtag to the end of it, like this:

Rogue Riddle 997 #RogueRiddle

It's important that you spell it exactly like I've shown it. No spaces, no deviation in capitalization, nada. Otherwise, it more than likely won't work. Don't take that chance.

Also include this hashtag when you want to post an update to your riddle, thus:

Rogue Riddle 997 Update #RogueRiddle

That will assure that every reply to your update is sent to you, and not to the group.

Once you declare your riddle solved, drop the hashtag, like this:

Rogue Riddle 997 Results

This way, discussion of the results will go to the group.

Let me know if you have any questions!

--
Lee Jackson, PUNY group Administrangler
Visit the PUNY and O. Henry Museum Web Sites!

Lee Jackson

Just to clarify: you'll no longer have to take special steps as a Rogue Riddle player to make sure you don't make a public guess. As long as you're replying with the #RogueRiddle hashtag in the subject line, your replies will automatically go back to the person who posted the riddle. It's magic! :)