Hopalong Cassidy was really William Boyd

Cynthia MacGregor

And today is "Hoppy Boyd" day—to Jim E.

Cyn

Freelance writer/editor
www.cynthiamacgregor.com

Pass a smile along

James Ertner

Thanks, Cyn, for remembering. Hopalong Cassidy was actually one of my favorite cowboy shows as a kid, along with that recluse musical writer: The Lone Arranger.

Jim

Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎May‎ ‎20‎, ‎2016 ‎6‎:‎40‎ ‎AM
To: ca_12_dozen@... [puny]

Cyn

Freelance writer/editor
www.cynthiamacgregor.com

Pass a smile along

gary hallock

I was a big fan of the black nwhite cowboys too, but to my great Zorro they were all expelled from our state by the ruthless Tex Ridder. (Just Cisco Kidding!) 

Gary Hallock

===============

Thanks, Cyn, for remembering. Hopalong Cassidy was actually one of my favorite cowboy shows as a kid, along with that recluse musical writer: The Lone Arranger.

Jim

==============

Cyn

Joseph Harris

And how late can you get with birthday wishes? I suppose 364 days - that's nearly yearly.

Another cowboy is surely the Loan Arranger. I take no credit for thinking up that one.

Joseph
======

Jim

Cyn

Freelance writer/editor

Pass a smile along

Lars Hanson

Hoppy Boyd Day, Jim!

There also was that cowboy so beloved by his young fans he and his sidekick became known as Boy Dodgers and his slender horse, Sliver.  As for his sidekick, ain't he divine?

And that cowboy straight out of the illustrated books, Com Mix.

And that cowboy who was always late arriving at the scene, Last LaRue.  (He often arrived whipped!)

What about the cowboy known for gunning down game, Takes Critter?

Aloha,

Lars

======================

On May 24, 2016, at 01:21, JosephH josephharris@... [puny] <puny@...> wrote:

And how late can you get with birthday wishes? I suppose 364 days - that's nearly yearly.

Another cowboy is surely the Loan Arranger. I take no credit for thinking up that one.

Joseph
======

Jim

Cyn

Freelance writer/editor

Pass a smile along

James Ertner

Thanks, Joseph and Lars, for chiming in with your ringing endorsements; I think we’re all of one a-chord that punning is music to our ears.

Jim

Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎May‎ ‎24‎, ‎2016 ‎6‎:‎21‎ ‎AM

Hoppy Boyd Day, Jim!

There also was that cowboy so beloved by his young fans he and his sidekick became known as Boy Dodgers and his slender horse, Sliver.  As for his sidekick, ain't he divine?

And that cowboy straight out of the illustrated books, Com Mix.

And that cowboy who was always late arriving at the scene, Last LaRue.  (He often arrived whipped!)

What about the cowboy known for gunning down game, Takes Critter?

Aloha,

Lars

======================

On May 24, 2016, at 01:21, JosephH josephharris@... [puny] <puny@...> wrote:

Joseph
======

Jim

Cyn

Freelance writer/editor

Pass a smile along