Topics

minor sports punning

chasmwuk@...

This is serious:  I saw a few minutes ago a news story about championships in minor sports.  It mentioned the national yo-yo championship, and had the caption "Yo-Yo Competitors Have the World on a String."  (We need to get whoever wrote that to join our list serve.) Anyway, I can think of possible headlines:

"Curling Competitors Have to Put Their Careers on Ice"
"Fencing Competitors Aim to Foil Their Opponents' Plans"

Anyone else?

Charles

Cynthia MacGregor

MINI GOLF COMES UP SHORT

TENNIS PLAYER COMES UNSTRUNG

PHOTOG: "BADMINTON PLAYERS DON'T SMILE FOR THE BIRDIE"

ACROBAT'S ANTICS ARE JUST GYM DANDY

Cyn

= = = =

This is serious:  I saw a few minutes ago a news story about championships in minor sports.  It mentioned the national yo-yo championship, and had the caption "Yo-Yo Competitors Have the World on a String."  (We need to get whoever wrote that to join our list serve.) Anyway, I can think of possible headlines:

"Curling Competitors Have to Put Their Careers on Ice"
"Fencing Competitors Aim to Foil Their Opponents' Plans"

Anyone else?

Charles

Freelance writer/editor
www.cynthiamacgregor.com

Producer/host, YOUNGER EVERY DAY
~ Saturdays and Sundays at 7:30 AM on WHDT TV in West Palm Beach, Miami, and Boston -- check your cable provider for converter position.
~ Worldwide on www.WHDT.net on your computer Sundays at 7:30 AM Eastern Time

Pass a smile along

From: PUNY <PUNY@...>
Date: Monday, September 1, 2014 10:40 AM
To: PUNY <PUNY@...>
Subject: [puny] minor sports punning

This is serious:  I saw a few minutes ago a news story about championships in minor sports.  It mentioned the national yo-yo championship, and had the caption "Yo-Yo Competitors Have the World on a String."  (We need to get whoever wrote that to join our list serve.) Anyway, I can think of possible headlines:

"Curling Competitors Have to Put Their Careers on Ice"
"Fencing Competitors Aim to Foil Their Opponents' Plans"

Anyone else?

Charles

chasmwuk@...

Good ones, Cyn!

Bass Championship Anglers Can Get Hooked on Their Sport

Charles

=================================

MINI GOLF COMES UP SHORT
TENNIS PLAYER COMES UNSTRUNG
PHOTOG: "BADMINTON PLAYERS DON'T SMILE FOR THE BIRDIE"
ACROBAT'S ANTICS ARE JUST GYM DANDY

Cyn
= = = =
This is serious:  I saw a few minutes ago a news story about championships in minor sports.  It mentioned the national yo-yo championship, and had the caption "Yo-Yo Competitors Have the World on a String."  (We need to get whoever wrote that to join our list serve.) Anyway, I can think of possible headlines:

"Curling Competitors Have to Put Their Careers on Ice"
"Fencing Competitors Aim to Foil Their Opponents' Plans"

Anyone else?

Charles

doug

BOWLERS GO ON STRIKE

Doug S.

===========

[...]

James Ertner

Lacrosse players have stick-to-it-iveness.

Jim
==========================

BOWLERS GO ON STRIKE

Doug S.

===========

[...]

Bid for skating medal is on thin ice

Volleyball league: Here are the net results

Cyn

= = = = =

[...]

On hearing about the upcoming competition, the weightlifter dropped everything

Doug S.
[...]

Lars Hanson

"Fencers saber the competition"

"New epee as you go plan for fencing"

"After a close brush, Canadian curlers slide into first place"

"Curling now permanent competition"

"Race-walking competitors hit their stride"

Lars