Morris dancing?

Cynthia MacGregor

Isn't anyone going to answer my question as to what "Morris dancing" is a pun on?

Lars Hanson

Cyn,

    Morris the cat was featured in commercials.,

    Morris dancing thus is the answer to the type of dancing that famous cat would engage in.

    Play between the cat's name and a type of dancing.

===========================

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Cynthia MacGregor cynthia@... [puny] <puny@...> wrote:

Isn't anyone going to answer my question as to what "Morris dancing" is a pun on?

Cynthia MacGregor

Thanks. Oddly, although I never watch TV, I do know of Morris the cat. But I am totally unfamiliar with the term "Morris dancing."

Cyn

= = = = =

Cyn,

    Morris the cat was featured in commercials.,

    Morris dancing thus is the answer to the type of dancing that famous cat would engage in.

    Play between the cat's name and a type of dancing.

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Cynthia MacGregor cynthia@... [puny] <puny@...> wrote:

Isn't anyone going to answer my question as to what "Morris dancing" is a pun on?

joseph h

It is very English and very quaint. The dancers wear bells, and there is another figure of some ominous creature that is effectively the fool - and money collector! It seems to me to have developed from training fighters in far distant days.

Joseph