Re: New Chat: Chat you? #chat-notice

Lars Hanson

Merk,

    So do I.  Using the chat function was Gary Reeves’ suggestion.

    There is no real gain with the chat function that I can see.  The only advantage seems to be that comments are kept in order and the response time is a bit shorter.

    Like you, I think e-mail seems the better choice for a number of reasons, not least of which is that it provides a bit more permanence and sortability.

On Jan 3, 2022, at 07:48, Marilyn L. Van Driesen <mvandriesen@...> wrote:

Thanks, Lars.  I enjoy read them, but I prefer the context of email for many reasons too boring to explain.

Merk/Marilyn

On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 6:02 AM Lars Hanson <parkersan2001@...> wrote:
Gary R,

    No real time saved over e-mail.  While the approach, live internet chat, may feel different, “faster,” using it still feels the same.  Not much better, and probably not worth the gambol.

On Jan 3, 2022, at 01:13, main@puny.groups.io Notification <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

A new chat has been created:

New

I think I’m here but I don’t really know where “here” actually is. I much prefer text messages on my phone.

By: gary hallock <gary@...>

View/Join This Chat

Do not reply to this message to post to the chat. You can participate in chats only through the group's website.

--
                  ~~ Remember ~~

If you forward this, please remove all email

addresses before you send it on, and use the Bcc:

area when forwarding to friends.

      “Be kind to our email friends”

--
Marilyn L.