This week’s winner is our Learless Feeder with 11 kills. He was followed closely by Adam and Gary Reeves, each with nine kills, but Adam nosed Gary R out by one partially correct answer. Doug Gross and Jim Ertner were not far behind the leaders.
Adam will host Rogue Riddle #1094 next week, as Gary H will be too busy to host.
The spread on answers to the riddles was fair this week, with six riddles unsolved, and two of those not even attempted. The final riddle statistics are as follows:
5 correct – 2: 6, 12
4 correct – 4: 3, 4, 7, 18
3 correct – 2: 2, 9
2 correct – 4: 1, 16, 17, 20
1 correct – 2: 5, 19
0 correct – 6: 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
Unattempted: 2: 14, 15
Rogue Riddle #1093
This week’s Rogue Riddle consists of twenty riddles, each of which has two answers, although some might simply be slight rearrangements rather than full replacements. There is no particular theme this week, nor is there any particular form, as the title suggests.
Q: An involved punster?
A: HANSON / HANDS ON
The riddle will run until 5:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday. As usual, the first person to solve all the riddles will be declared the winner. If no one has solved all the riddles by 5:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, the one with the most correct answers will be declared the winner and will host Rogue Riddle #1094 next week.
As with previous riddle sets, the word BLANK can replace more than one word. In other words, seeing the word BLANK does not indicate how many words should replace the word BLANK. Further, the article preceding the word “blank” will always be “a,” never “an,” regardless of he punned word.
1. ‘Twas a subject of many a mention,
The company debate on a pension.
Too short was a decade
For any to be paid –
The deciding factor was BLANK.
2. There’s a theory the Washington monument is sexual symbol. That is thought by many to be a BLANK.
PHALLUSY / FALLACY
3. In France the spurious rumor about AFLAQ’s mascot is thought to be a BLANK.
4. The crazy mass murderer on the train clearly had a BLANK for his murderous spree.
LOCO MOTIVE / LOCOMOTIVE
5. The mass of a photon is zero. A photon most definitely is BLANK.
LIGHT WEIGHT / LIGHTWEIGHT
6. As expected there will be no national census in Afghanistan because of the BLANK.
TALLY BAN / TALIBAN
7. BLANK – A small Alpine country known for making train yard engines.
SWITCHERLAND / SWITZERLAND
8. Prosecuting the theft of the old Bible provided something every lawyer needs – a BLANK.
GOOD BOOK CASE / GOOD BOOKCASE
9. BLANK – A Shakespearean comedy about a sheep’s preference.
AS EWE LIKE IT / AS YOU LIKE IT
10. It appears the Allies have parted BLANK over the recent submarine deal with Australia.
FRANCE / FRIENDS
11. Perhaps the terms of the original contract for the Australian submarines was too complicated, leading that nation to seek a BLANK deal.
NEW CLEAR / NUCLEAR
12. The effort at stealth aircraft design was a failure, as it was BLANK for all to see.
PLANE / PLAIN
13. Rushing to a place of concealment, he’d BLANK.
he had HIED OUT / he would HIDE OUT
14. De party split was because of BLANK of the leaders.
DE VISION / DIVISION
15. Any fisherman’s BLANK surely includes a creel.
BASS KIT / BASKET
16. What is the difference between an overzealous person and a house cooling device? One is a BLANK while the other is a BLANK.
FANATIC / ATTIC FAN
17. What is the difference between a West African country and a frigid specter? One is the BLANK, while the other is a BLANK.
GOLD COAST / COLD GHOST
18. What is the difference between a common children’s pet and a really cheap musical engagement? One is a BLANK, while the other is a BLANK.
GUINEA PIG / PENNY GIG
19. Deliberately allowing the wolf to eat the baby was a clear case of BLANK.
INFANT INSIDE / INFANTICIDE
20. What is the difference between a small pile and an establishment for producing flour? One is just a BLANK, whereas the other is the BLANK.
MOLEHILL / WHOLE MILL
Thank you all for playing!
Looking forward to Rogue Riddle #1094.
Take it away, Adam!