ROGUERIDDLE #1091 (BINGO & reveal)

gary hallock

Two weeks in a row have I hosted
This time though, no updates I’ve posted
Yet my players were three
And that’s okay by me
Cuz at least I’m not totally ghosted

Jim Ertner, Bill Crider and Lars Hanson eagerly piled onto my riddle this week. Jim was the first kill to claim and has now earned himself the dubious honor of hosting #1092 next weekend. Please prepare yourself for more animal crossings.

Required answers for my Limerick riddles have been filled in below.

Thank you for playing,

Gary (Leerless Feeder) Hallock

=================

On Sep 5, 2021, at 9:02 AM, Gary <gary@...> wrote:

ROGUE RIDDLE #1091 - Launched Sunday, September 5, 2021 @9am central

%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%

Below you will find a series of 6 punny limericks. Each of the first 5 verses contains a single BLANK for you to fill with a single word. (Some are puns and some are not) Collect the proper 5 words from these verses and rearrange to turn them into a 6 word phrase that phonetically approximates a line that will logically complete the 6 missing words in verse 6, the “REAL” riddle. (In this case, it’s a film title.)

First player to submit the correctly completed verses wins the honor of hosting next week’s game. No deadline, but this sort of riddle generally falls pretty fast, so if you have any delusions about grabbing this brass ring, you should respond soon.

%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%

1.
Mick Dundee, who hailed from down under
Was famed as a crocodile hunter
“Not a knife” he would say
And quite often, “B’LANK” [#### G’DAY]
Though he truly was a “one hit wonder.”

2.
The jealous gay preacher suspects
His life-partner, often rejects
The ways of his church
Leaving him in the lurch
Cavorting with opposite BLANK [#### SECTS]

3.
If I utter a pun you don’t get
I shan’t make a big deal of it
My strange sense of hume
Allows me to presume
You probably don’t care a BLANK [#### WHIT]

4.
I love to drive fast, it’s a thrill
But it bugs me how bugs always will
Get plastered there later
On my radiator
They always get up in my BLANK [####GRILLE]

5.
The author of Les Misérables
Was never a miserable slob
He gained wealth from his toils
Yes, to BLANK-go the spoils [#### HU-]
This Victor enjoyed his day job

[#### G’DAY SECTS WHIT GRILLE HU-]

*** THE “REAL” RIDDLE ***

6.
A dame known as Doris would play
In a lighthearted comedic way
Her last role, you knew it
I think I will view it
“BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK” today

[#### WHIT SECTS HU G’DAY GRILLE]
[#### WITH SIX YOU GET EGGROLL]