Re: Time to Get Ready for Super Punday

portagecreek

Jim, rats! It's not written in doggerel, but it's not terrierable.

a Gary

The Super Bowl is not all that will be on TV this Sunday. Per the Boston Globe’s Matthew Gilbert, the headline of the TV Critic’s Corner on Feb. 1, 2021, was “Time to Get Ready for Super Punday.” See his pun-filled paragraph below.

Jim Ertner

Get out the pupcorn, and let’s hope the pup-arazzi don’t behave re-pug-nantly. I’m mutts about the annual Puppy Bowl, which kicks off Sunday at 2 p.m. on Animal Planet. And jack-pot: Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg will be our sup-herb cohosts. I really ruff this essential event, watching the fetching little pooches ruff-house and raise the woof as if they’re at a paw-ty. It gives me a new leash on life, a paws-ative perspective — a reminder that when a problem comes along, we must whippet. I guarantee you, it’s not a mastiff waste of time, and it’s not dane-gerous or fur-ocious. Go ahead, rover-dose on the event. Oh, and be sure to pick up the Purr-secco and don’t furget to get out the comfortable day paw-jamas. All the players are claw-fully purr-ty on the Kitten Bowl, which is Sunday at 2 p.m. on Hallmark. Really, I’m not kitten.