#RogueRiddle 1057 last public clue #RogueRiddle

portagecreek

This paragraph is only missing the lead sentence. It is the basis of RR 1057. It also has one word redacted since it was part of the word association clues and one of the titles. Normally, I would break this paragraph into individual hints. But things just are not normal.

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this BLANK, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like Hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well perhaps the word association idea was revolutioary, but more likely it was just revolting.

There was a reason for the 13 origional clues.

You will be shocked when you figure out # 1 and # 2.

#6 reveals what we thought about #5 was sadly true.

The good news is that everyone still has a chance to own this riddle, and I will keep the offer open for the time being.

Before you go! There is more.

------------

The theme of the rogue is somewhat like the communication issues of today- so I will call it censored communication.

For those who have not seen the rogue or attempted guesses yet - here it is again:

===========================

This weeks rogue is a bit roguish for me, since it is just a word game. Actually a word association game. There are 13 of them - for a reason. I found that you can "google" the context and come up with each word. There is an author, two titles, and a "quote". Put together the word associations and crossword type clues and provide me the author, the two names of the works, and the quote to win.

As usual, the first with all or the player with the most by Wednesday midnight EST gets the bingo.

Please respond to gypsywagon@mindspring.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RR 1057

1. Doubting BLANK

2. BLANK in the neck

3.Hit song by Johnny Ray BLANK ( actually this is more like a crossword)

4.What Patty and Maxine might call Shirley ( another crossword clue)

5.BLANK are a few of

6.BLANK Johnson ( very interesting clue)

7. New York BLANK.

8. BLANK Girl, ( Marlo or go back to #1)

9. Have you missed any? Take another BLANK

10. BLANK Room ( I think it is a sign that these are getting harder to find.

11. BLANK foods, BLANK music, or BLANK survivor.

12. BLANK grounds, or denominator,

13.Dollars and Blank.

That's it start associating and for every guess there will be a clue.

the other Gary
gypsywagon@mindspring.com