On Dec 19, 2020, at 6:28 PM, Adam Engel <adotengel@...> wrote:

Sorry for the delayed announcement. The winner this week is Gary H with four bingos! He has agreed to create this week's riddles. Answers are below.

On the first night of Hanukkah, my mother gave to me… a new penpal from Mexico City whose Hebrew name would be Yoni. JUAN

On the second night of Hanukkah, my mother gave to me… another Mexican penpal with the same name. JUAN, TOO

On the third night of Hanukkah, my mother gave to me… a newfound desire to make onomatopoeiatic owl and pig noises. WANT HOOT REE

On the fourth night of Hanukkah, my mother gave to me… a statement from my Mexican penpal calling for changes to the dental insurance system. JUAN'S TOOTH REFORM

On the fifth night of Hanukkah, my mother gave to me… a magic stick that can instantly rebuild bee homes that have fallen to the ground. The same stick can also treat a symptom of anaphylaxis for folks who have fallen to the ground. NOTE: The pun is the same here for both descriptions of the wand. WAND TO TREAT FLOOR HIVES.

On the sixth night of Hanukkah, my mother gave to me… a WiFi network that lets me pleasure myself in unconventional, jazz-like ways. Pleasure myself euphemistically, of course. WAN TO FREEFORM FIVE SEX.

On the seventh night of Hanukkah, my mother gave to me… a scratch-off lottery ticket? I got the top prize?! Oh, it's just a pair of pines and instructions on how to gather the right number of branches to start a fire… or something. Also, they addressed me by my middle name, which is weird. On this night, I... WON TWO TREES FOR FIVE STICKS, EVEN.

On the eighth night of Hanukkah, my mother gave to me… a second magic stick. This one can do two things: summon a special wood-bearing plant whose certain number of branches can be used to stab somebody in prison, AND summon by buddy Nathaniel (who prefers a nickname). WAND TWO: TREE FOR FIVE STICK SHIV AND NATE.

Be easy y'all.

Adam Even Engel, M.A.T.
Lab2Class Fellow
Biology and Physics Teacher
Evergreen High School, Seattle, WA

"Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life."
-Immanuel Kant