Re: Crossword Puzzle Puns - Help

gregg s

NIGHT THEN, PHEASANTDREAMS

On Nov 19, 2020, at 5:43 PM, Chris Gross via groups.io <ca_12_dozen@...> wrote:

Thanks Gregg!  Another thought that just surfaced for the unifier is POULTRY IN MOTION ... I like the OWL pun but was hoping to keep the "bird" among those in the poultry family - DUCK, GOOSE, PHEASANT et al ...

Chris Gross
513-702-7523

On Thursday, November 19, 2020, 3:38:56 PM MST, gregg s <gregg17@...> wrote:

OWLTOGETHERNOW

Decent pun, but more importantly 14 letters as that’s an important criteria. The phrase has many sources, but also a song by the punniest band of all—if that helps the clue crafting.  Birds like to eat them even. -G

On Nov 19, 2020, at 5:18 PM, Chris Gross via groups.io <ca_12_dozen@...> wrote:

Hey guys and gals - I have a request from all y'all to help me come up with one more "fowl" pun that I am hoping to seed a new crossword puzzle I am working on.  My initial thoughts are for a trio of puns that involve a bird of the poultry species.  Here is what I have so far:

PULLET SURPRISE (clue:  *what a young hen got when she won an award for literature)
CAPON CLIPPER (clue: *what a sexless male chicken does to save on groceries)
???? (I need a third and preferably one that has either 14 letters, though 12 letters total might work)

As the "unifier", or "theme"/"reveal" that ties the three together is something along the lines of FOWL LANGUAGE (clue: what's found in punny poultry lexicon, and a hint to the starred clues).

I had TURKEY COBBLERS as my third, but to maintain the symmetry, the "bird" should be the punned word.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.  What do you think??

CG

Chris Gross
513-702-7523