#RogueRiddle 1049: Around the world in 80 "HEY"s #RogueRiddle

Adam Engel

Here we go, my first ever Rogue Riddle! Fifteen riddles, mostly puns, with a spoonerism and a homophone mixed in for good measure. A BLANK stands for one or more words - you try to figure it out!

Guesses should be in by Wednesday, November 18 at 5PM Pacific time. First person to guess them all right OR competitor with the most correct on Wednesday lives to host the next Rogue Riddle. All others are Haiti-ed on for another week.

Move love,
Adam

  1. When my Brussels wouldn’t sprout, botanists suggested I go to the BLANK to get help with BLANK.

  1. What’s the difference between a Scandinavian stream and a Round Up-laced garden whacker? One is a BLANK, the other is a BLANK.

  1. When an African nation was accused of tampering with Florida’s election results, certain commentators called for the death of all its citizens. Death by BLANK.

  1. In the early days of the Third Reich, propagandists were still deciding on the ideals of the so-called master race. Hitler proposed male endowment as a criterion. Goebbels countered that the Germans would soon be outnumbered by BLANK.

  1. Nick Europe adapted the pre-teen explorer show to focus more on her pet monkey. Setting the show south of France, they renamed it “Boots BLANK”.

  1. The bazaar in Kabul has a variety of wares for sale, but shawls and throws are its primary profit generators. Turns out there’s always money in the BLANK.

  1. The last time I rented a boat in Bucharest, I was thrown in jail for paddling my way across a pond… and a parking lot… and a mini-mall… The therapist diagnosed me with BLANK.

  1. Out of necessity, many island nations are taking the lead in opposition to climate change. One island even banned the ICE because they are BLANK.

  1. The Jamaican football team landed in Ulaanbaatar for a friendly match. At the stadium, one defender looks downfield and says to himself, “Look at that BLANK”.

  1. My father loved his gefilte fish with Ram’s horseradish, but not me. I prefer mine with BLANK.

  1. Do you know how dangerous shopping centers can be?! Last time I went shopping in eastern Africa, I tripped over myself in a Sears and got a BLANK!

  1. The traffic can be brutal, too. That’s why I avoid the direct route through the mall and take BLANK whenever I can.

  1. Tasked with making a short film for her class, Sasha dramatized the story of a pirate ship takeover in east Africa. Her father’s initial response was puzzling. “This is your sister’s work, isn’t it? That’s BLANK”

  2. On Passover each year, the city’s inhabitants came together to sang, “There can be miracles when you BLANK”

  3. This island has the audacity to claim for itself an entire porpoise species. They’re like a Spanish toddler loudly proclaiming “BLANK”.