48 hours left with nobody yet clearing the board and plenty of bragging rights to be had. In fact no one has gotten #11—a nice little faux homophone in line with the best of the rest. #7 is a bit more obtuse—like everything else, perhaps, in Antarctica, a land in which “cities” are more like fortress stations. Speaking of which, I’ve added to each a letter(s) denoting what continent the target city lies upon, as well as a numeral denoting the number of letters therein.
1. More than 100 degrees.
2. Scooby Do is my favorite. Flintstones is a good one too.
3. Step one, perhaps, if you want to make a sex tape.
4. A particular, yet quite common, type of battery.
5. What Captain Kirk’s phaser might give you.
6. What you might ask if you wonder whether the Yankee’s HOF catcher of legend and pitcher of malapropisms might be able to.
7. If this most remote landmass was to put in an outlet of the largest fast-food franchise, this might be a natural location.
8. Two thirds of the common abbreviation for sadomasochism, perhaps.
9. What the Six Million Dollar man actor might say to his mother if she got his name wrong
10. The kind of rock Yes or ELP is said to play.
11. What you do to someone when a puzzle question doesn’t track quite right
12. What Kelly Bundy might say about her brother.
13. What you can do if the car isn’t rising fast enough.