Rogue Riddle 1041 - Status and Clue Set 2 - #RogueRiddle

Lars Hanson

All,

    A new player has swept in with eleven (11) clean kills, sweeping Jim (5 kills) and Chris (3 kills) out of the lead.  Who else is out there?.

    Herewith is the second set of clues.

Clue Set #1:  Below are the letter counts for the first ten riddles.

Clue Set #2:  Below are the letter counts for the last ten riddles.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Rogue Riddle #1041
And Now for Something Different . . .

 Remember the riddles told to children?  This week’s riddles hark back to those days in form.

    As usual, this week’s Rogue Riddle consists of twenty riddles.  Each riddle has two answers which sound similar.  Both answers are required for full credit.  Most of these are very easy one-word answers, but there are one or two “4.0 busters” in the mix.

   Example:

Q:  Though I may sound like something for an axle, actually I am a country.  What am I?

A:  GREECE / GREASE

    As always, effort has gone into the setup wording to provide necessary clues.

    The riddle will run until 5:00 p.m. EDT on Tuesday.  As usual, the first person to solve all the riddles will be declared the winner.  If no one has solved all the riddles by 5:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, the one with the most correct answers will be declared the winner.

    Now, on to the riddles.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

1.    Though I may sound small, actually I am a joint which might be found in Bangkok.  What am I?

        (4 / 4, 4)

2.   Though I may sound hurried, actually I am a European?  What am I?

        (6’ / 7)

3.     Though I may sound like a household appliance, actually I mean to salute a woman.   What is it I intend to do?

          (7 / 5, 3)

4.     Though I may sound like something one might give to a Persian Longhair, actually I am a cemetery.  What am I?

          (3, 1, 4 / 8)

5.     Though I may sound like a way to get the news, actually I am a cable service.  What am I?

          (5, 4 / 3-3-4)

6.     Though I might sound like a modern sleeping area, actually I am a country.  What am I?

          (3, 1-4 / 3, 7)

7.     Though I may sound saccharine, actually I am another European?  What am I?

          (8 / 7) or (5 / 5)

8.     Though I may sound like a neighborhood restaurant, actually I am a large city.  What am I?

          (4 / 5)

9.     Though I may sound like a fast food item, actually I am a bad German actor. What am I?

          (9 / 3, 6)

10. To those who slur my national identity, I might sound like a sex workers wig.  Who am I?

        (8 / 1, 6)

11. Though I may sound like an automobile, actually I am an action figure inspired by the movies.  What am I?

         (6 / 3, 4)

12. Though I may sound like an automobile, actually I am the absence of a box for storing tea.  What am I?

        (8 / 5, 4)

13. Though I may sound like I did not enjoy myself last night, actually I just noted that I had a time to retire.  What did I say I had?

        (3, 4 / 7)

14. Though I may sound like a piece of furniture, actually I am a bovine by a Scottish river.  What am I?

        (5 / 3, 4)

15. Though I may sound like a lumberjack contest, actually I am a European city.  What am I?

        (6’ / 6)

16. Though I may sound like a small mystic syllable, actually I am a breakfast food.  What am I?

        (5, or 2-3 / 6)

17. Though it sounds as though something the poet Robbie Burns wrote about, actually I am an Asian country.  What am I?

        (5 / 4)

18. Though I may sound like kissing parts, actually I am flowers.  What am I?

        (3, 4 / 6)

19. Though I may sound like a former theft, actually I am a small candy.  What am I?

        (4, 5 / 8)

20. Though I may sound like a prop weapon for a play, actually I am a military dictator .  What am I?

        (4, 3 / 6)

    As always, it would be great to see some new more faces this week!

    Please remember to ensure your answers are directed to me.  You should be able just to hit “Reply” (thanks, Norm!),  but to be sure you may address all guesses, surmises, suppositions, estimates, conjectures, SWAG’s, stabs, pokes, and other such directly to me at:

parkersan2001@...