#RogueRiddle 1038 #RogueRiddle

gary hallock

ROGUE RIDDLE #1038 - Launched Sunday, August 30, 2020@ 11am central
.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^
Send all guesses, grumps, groans and gripes directly to <gary@...>
.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^

Below you will find a series of 6 unrelated limerick verses. Most of these have just one missing word noted as “BLANK.” Verse. #4 is going to require two words to fill the two BLANK spaces provided. You also may note that in two cases, the BLANK contains an “S.” This should be taken as an indication that the required single word will be plural or possessive.

As is my usual ploy, the final (6th) verse contains a series of multiple BLANK spaces. These should be filled with the six words you collected and rearranged from the first 5 verses. These 6 words can be rearranged to phonetically simulate 6 totally different words and logically complete the idea conveyed in the final (6th) limerick verse. (Hint: These are not necessarily word-for-word substitutions, so you should expect some syllable slop-over.)

Worthy of note: Although the idea expressed in the final line of the final verse, should be easily recognized, it is not worded in exactly the way you often see it used, so you may need to get creative to make it all fit. If you have read this far in my instructions, it is likely because this is your first encounter with my limerick riddle game, or else I have baffled you by occasionally shifting the rules, and you’re so frustrated that you’ve actually resorted to reading my instructions.

First player to provide me with the first 6 words and the 6 alternate words in the proper order, proves his/her worthiness and may claim the game. No deadline, but if you expect to be in the running, I’d suggest you try to get in early. Last time I ran such a riddle, it was already solved in roughly the time it’s taken you to read these voluminous instructions. - Gary (Leerless Feeder) Hallock

Brave guys are called “ballsy,” but queerly
They’re nuts, you just might see them, nearly
There’s no ifs, ands or butts
Those folks who have BLANK
Show intestinal fortitude, clearly

Home alone after school‘s out, will be
Musician’s young child, so you see
A plot, his dad hatched
To get front door unlatched
Gave junior his own minor BLANK

At meteorological schools
They don’t educate any fools
The BLANKS they hand out
Give their graduates clout
To work temp jobs with all the right tools

Bard’s wife, in his final bequest
Got the bed, not considered his best* - (true story)
Seems this was BLANK’S BLANK
And now he lies still
“Sloppy seconds,” Anne Hathaway guessed.

Many wives, had the Indian chief
For it wasn’t against tribe’s belief
So it’s easy to see
Why his family tree
Began with BLANK roots. (Oh, good grief!)

When those who complain don’t say “Please”
But insist on their whey, much like cheese
It is often our fate
That we’re forced to placate
As the BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK

--
Gary (Immodest Moderator) Hallock, Leerless Feeder

Join main@puny.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.