ROGUE RIDDLE #1035 (Bingo & reveal)

gary hallock

It kind of surprised me that so many players were willing to stay up late to receive and work on this riddle. Three of the players submitted their solutions within the first hour and another few in the wee small hours of Monday morning.

First out of the gate with a clean sweep was Erika Ettin, followed quickly by Lars Hanson and Doug Spector. Bringing up the rear were Chris Gross, Adam Engel, Jon Gearhart and Bill Crider. Nearly everyone knocking this one out of the park.

Trigger happy Erika was the clear victor here but she seems as eager as I am to see what Doug has up his sleeve, so watch for his version of Rogue Riddle #1036 to appear in your mailbox some day (or night) next weekend.

As usual, I have filled in the BLANKs in the verses below. Thank you all for playing

Gary (Leerless Feeder) Hallock

==============

ROGUE RIDDLE #1035 - Launched Sunday, August 9, 2020 @ 10pm central

^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)

Below you will find a series of 5 limerick verses, the first 4 of these contain one or more BLANK spaces to fill with a single common word. Identify, rearrange (and possibly pun) each of these missing words to assemble a 6 word phrase that will makes some phonetic sense in completing the missing words (BLANKS) in the final line of the 5th verse, a.k.a. the “real” question. (Target in this case will be a slight variation on an otherwise readily recognizable phrase.)

First guesser who provides me with all the correct words in the proper order wins the honor/responsibility of hosting/posting RR# 1036 next weekend.

^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)^)

Stored crops in a tall silo vault
Were attacked and it was all the fault
Of stalkers of BLANK ‘n’
By them were all beaten
Take this with a large grain assault
#### WHEAT

Young skate boarder had quite a flair
For making great leaps everywhere
At his day job he flew
Pretty high in that too
As a deejay he got some good BLANK
#### AIR

On a large leg of lamb did I BLANK
But the bone was oak splinters, Boo-Hoo!
“Mutton chef,” I protested,
“This can’t be digested
I’d say something’s wrong, wooden BLANK?”
#### CHEW #### EWE

The clock maker’s son nearly blew it
He wanted a Rolex, but knew it
Would displease his pop
Who would tell the boy, “Stop!
BLANK on my BLANK will you do it”
#### KNOT/NOT #### WATCH

Now here is an irony, sweet
All vegans are made out of meat
Though your diet is known
Not to be bread alone
‘Tis clear BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK.
#### WHEAT AIR CHEW EWE KNOT WATCH
#### EWE AIR KNOT WATCH CHEW WHEAT

--
Gary (Immodest Moderator) Hallock, Leerless Feeder

Join main@puny.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.