From: portagecreek <gypsywagon@...>
To: puny <main@puny.groups.io>
Cc: dianamiscell@...
Subject: the 1026 #Rogue Riddle
Date: May 31, 2020 10:57 AM
Rogue Riddle #1026

Please send your guesses to gypsywagon@... not the list. I have attempted to use the #Rogue Riddle rule to allow you to hit reply and have it only come to me. Recent escapes have found that we tend to make it unreliable.

These are just a bunch of jingles with blanks. My intention was to honor Stan Kegel's love of Burma-Shave jingles by creating some new ones as riddles. It turned out not to be easy but there are five here with BLANKS for puns. Just provide the puns.

As usual, first with all or first with most when I call the game wins.

Try to remember or imagine driving along and seeing a series of red and white signs on the highway - all jingles for a product and the last sign was always Burma-Shave. In this case some are about punners, some are about punning events, and one is to try and get Diana to play again.

I certainly appreciated the way Diana played by sending puns for clues. I'll do my best.

Example ( incomplete to honor the copyright) from a real set of signs.

HER CHARIOT
RACED 80 PER
THEY HAULED AWAY
WHAT HAD
BLANK BLANK - and here they have a pun on a chariot race that the straight line is BEEN HER. You just fill in the pun.

Rogue Riddle #1026

1.
His French Father

Showed him how