Rogue Riddle Demise?

James Ertner

I concur with Doug on the F-Riddles. They were quick and a lot of fun.

Jim
===============
Reading all these threads is a screaming cry for the return of the F-Riddles and to give the Rogues their proper burial

Doug
=================
Bill,

    Actually, the art-ups have been carefully worded to provide the context.  In many cases the definition of the answer is included in the setup.  In most cases,  reading the setup will provide the needed clues.  Concepts and content also are to be found in most setups.  The most successful approach is to use all of the information provided in the setup.

    Nor do I use "crossword-style" clues.  Anything but!  :-D

    Many, myself included, have found letter counts (which also provide word counts) useful.  Some obviously do not.

    Yet again, it appears that a graduated approach really is going to be required.  Not all people on PUNY are of equal problem-solving ability, as is to ne expected.  Make themes simple enough for all to solve readily, and some will find the riddles too simple.  Make therm kore complex, and many, if not most, will find them too daunting.  So why not run, say, three levels of riddles?  There would be one for beginners, one for intermediates, and one for the more experienced.

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 1:41 PM Bill Crider <bill.crider@...> wrote:
Perhaps making the riddles a bit easier or giving clearer clues would help. No offense meant here Lars, but i find your “crossword puzzle style” clues impenetrable.  That is not a criticism of you - they just don’t trigger whatever my mind needs to solve the puzzles. Word counts don’t really help either. Concepts or context are what i need.
Bill Crider

On May 4, 2020, at 9:08 AM, doug via groups.io <doug10101@...> wrote:

I'm with Ray. Sometimes, I maynard understand the riddles that seem to be coming from another atmosphere...I guess we're on the wrong plane

Doug S.