moderated Rogue 1012 letter counts and gender and other clues

One Sagan

Send your replies to one_sagan@...

After each riddle I have posted the letter counts of the answers. When the answer is a person's name I have indicated the sex of the person whose name is punned on and in 2 cases some other information as well. Most of these people have had their names in the national news recently; it should not be so hard to come up with decent guesses.

Also note that I am not a member of punygroups.io; I don't know if I can get replies via your hashtag method. Send your replies to one_sagan@...

There is a common theme here. You will find most of the answers straightforward, but there are a couple of curve balls. Most of the answers are one or two words except as noted below.

1. These aspirants to public office are less than forthcoming. 3 words 3,2,10

2. What do you call a political party without refinement, delicacy, or sensitivity? 8

3. Were this person to run for president it would be very funny. 9 female

4. What do you call a politician who waits around to get elected president? 3 words 5,3,4 male

5. What do you call a politician who makes exaggerated claims about their background? 9,11 female

6. What do you call a politician whose age and medical history might cause them to die before the end of their term? 6,7 male

7. What set of ideas and plan for action was responsible for the impeachment proceedings? 5,6 female

8. This friendly person approaches people with a request for their opinions on politics. 3,6 female and not a politician

9. What do you call a politician who makes you want to throw up? 7,7 male

10. Elected to city council this individual with presidential aspirations would probably bring humor and integrity to the office, but in order to make the pun, I have to negate her candidacy. 6,4 female and a fictional character

Send your replies to one_sagan@...

Here I am One Sagan