Well, no further activity and so the status remains the same. Gary Hallock is this week’s winner, and will host Rogue Riddle #1008 this weekend. The final standings are as follows:
Gary H. (45%) – 9 kills (3, 6, 8, 9, 12, 14, 18, 19, 20)
Gary R. (37.5%) -- 7 kills (1, 3, 7, 9, 12, 18, 19), plus a partial on 20
Chris (30%) -- 6 kills (9, 12, 14, 18, 19, 20)
Kirk (30%) -- 6 kills (5, 9, 12, 18, 19, 20)
The final riddle status is as follows:
4 correct – 4: 9, 12, 18, 19
3 correct – 1: 20
2 correct – 2: 3, 14
1 correct – 5: 1, 5, 6, 7, 8
0 correct – 8: 2, 4, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17
No guesses – 1: 10
The answers to this week’s riddles are below.
Rogue Riddle 1007
Fancy of Flights
The cold weather finally is here, so thoughts of escape arise. It is time to fancy to take flight on the dreams of wings. Aisle pose the riddles, but if you get the answers, you’ll window.
As usual this week’s Rogue consists of twenty riddles, all on the same theme.
Q: Robert E’s king?
A: LEE’S MAJESTY (lese majesty or majesté)
Where both punned and unpunned answers are involved, full credit requires both answers.
As always, remember that the wording of each riddle generally has been carefully chosen both to provide clues and to avoid the use of any words in the answer.
Because of the three-day weekend, the riddle will run until 5:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday. As usual, the first person to solve all the riddles will be declared the winner. If no one has solved all the riddles by 5:00 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, the one with the most correct answers will be declared the winner and will host Rogue Riddle 1008 next week.
Now, on to the riddles.
1. An airplane company which sounds as though it emphasizes the importance of having a pilot?
STEERMAN / STEARMAN
2. Daring in-flight entertainment?
AIR STRIP / AIRSTRIP
3. An airplane company one might follow?
4. The final engine setting for a flight?
5. A company providing transportation for he billionaire’s family to attend the reading of his will?
HEIR BUS / AIRBUS
6. It may be considered impolite to refer to this company?
FUCKER / FOKKER
7. Where the entertainment occurs?
8. An early exhortation to purchase same?
BUY PLANE / BIPLANE
9. Curiously enough, this company never built anything for dropping ordnance.
10. One who prefers jet engines?
TURBO FAN / TURBOFAN
11. An appropriate airplane company for Chesty Puller?
SUPER MARINE / SUPERMARINE
12. Sikh propulsive headgear?
TURBAN / TURBINE (engine)
13. This company has no teats.
DUG-LESS / DOUGLAS
14. This company’s products are eyed lasciviously.
LEER / LEAR
15. What is done during 2 on 7.
TAKE OFF / TAKE-OFF (Numbers refer to the riddle numbers.)
16. Strangely enough, this company provides more than a false sensation of flying.
ILLUSION / ILYUSHIN
17. Unusually, something causing a return with no interest.
18. It sounds as though this airplane company simply sprang into being.
BOING / BOEING
19. Neither Kaiser nor dinner, but still found in flight.
ROLL / ROLL or ROLLS / ROLLS
20. You can’t go wrong with his company!
RIGHT / WRIGHT
Thank you all for playing.
Take it away, Gary!