Our Fearless Leader now has joined the fray, sliding into second place behind Gary R.. The two leaders are followed closely by Chris and Kirk with six kills each. The current standings are as follows:
Gary R. (37.5%) -- 7 kills (1, 3, 7, 9, 12, 18, 19), plus a partial on 20
Gary H. (35%) – 7 kills (3, 8, 9, 12, 14, 18, 20)
Chris (30%) -- 6 kills (9, 12, 14, 18, 19, 20)
Kirk (30%) -- 6 kills (5, 9, 12, 18, 19, 20)
The riddle status is as follows:
4 correct – 3: 9, 12, 18
3 correct – 2: 19, 20
2 correct – 2: 3, 14
1 correct – 4: 1, 5, 7, 8
0 correct – 9: 2, 4, 6, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17
No guesses – 2: 10, 13
Note: As a reminder, the wording for each riddle has been carefully chosen. When guessing at a riddle, try to include as much of the idea content in the riddle as possible. Also, as a rule I always have tried to avoid using any answer word being included in the riddle itself.
Rogue Riddle 1007
Fancy of Flights
The cold weather finally is here, so thoughts of escape arise. It is time to fancy to take flight on the dreams of wings. Aisle pose the riddles, but if you get the answers, you’ll window.
As usual this week’s Rogue consists of twenty riddles, all on the same theme.
Q: Robert E’s king?
A: LEE’S MAJESTY (lese majesty or majesté)
Where both punned and unpunned answers are involved, full credit requires both answers.
As always, remember that the wording of each riddle generally has been carefully chosen both to provide clues and to avoid the use of any words in the answer.
Because of the three-day weekend, the riddle will run until 5:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday. As usual, the first person to solve all the riddles will be declared the winner. If no one has solved all the riddles by 5:00 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, the one with the most correct answers will be declared the winner and will host Rogue Riddle 1008 next week.
Now, on to the riddles.
1. An airplane company which sounds as though it emphasizes the importance of having a pilot?
2. Daring in-flight entertainment?
3. An airplane company one might follow?
4. The final engine setting for a flight?
5. A company providing transportation for he billionaire’s family to attend the reading of his will?
6. It may be considered impolite to refer to this company?
7. Where the entertainment occurs?
8. An early exhortation to purchase same?
9. Curiously enough, this company never built anything for dropping ordnance.
10. One who prefers jet engines?
11. An appropriate airplane company for Chesty Puller?
12. Sikh propulsive headgear?
13. This company is not gross, man!
14. This company’s products are eyed lasciviously.
15. What is done during 2 on 7.
16. Strangely enough, this company provides more than a false sensation of flying.
17. Unusually, something causing a return with no interest.
18. It sounds as though this airplane company simply sprang into being.
19. Neither Kaiser nor dinner, but still found in flight
20. You can’t go wrong with his company!
As always, it would be great to see more new faces this week, whether or not you want to host next week’s Rogue Riddle! Please remember to tell me on your first guesses whether or not you are willing to host.
The purpose here is just to have fun, so wade in!
When submitting, please remember to ensure all address all guesses, surmises, suppositions, estimates, conjectures, SWAG’s, stabs, pokes, and other such are sent directly to me at: