moderated Re: What’s cooking today?

Lars Hanson

This is the problem exactly — big family foods!  In American restaurants they serve too much food.  Most of it goes to waist, of course, of course, of course.  I guess that’s just desserts.

It's never a good idea to go into the restaurant business with relatives because whenever anyone disagrees,even little arguments can quickly turn into big family foods

Doug Spector

===========
If you want to be known as an excellent chef, determination and grit’ll help you

Cyn

= = = =

When new chefs don't make the cut and are fired quickly, are they just a flash in the pan?

If a chef loses his life by getting too close to the vent exhaust blades, does he become a splash in the fan?

Doug Spector
=====
Mabel wanted big tips, but her customers were all fish ‘n’ chipskates

Cyn

= = = =

(Here’s a tip) If she wants to meat more men, she should ask the restaurant to bus boys in.
Gary Hallock

Some women go into waitressing in hopes of snagging a husband from among the establishment’s patrons, but they often find these aren’t the kind of menu want to meet.

Cyn

= = = = =
As a kid, young Johnny Cash worked in a restaurant. He eventually got promoted and became the boy named sous chef.

Pan frying meat is a skillet you might want to learn, but don’t try to make a living at it. I think it’s just a flesh in the pan.

Seven of my dad’s siblings work in the food service industry. Two are uncles and the restaurants.

Doug Spector