#ROGUERIDDLE number 1005 (bingo & reveal) #RogueRiddle

gary hallock

As there had been zero responses inspired by my Monday clue set, I was forced to presume that all players were comfortable with Cynthia claiming this riddle by the thinest of margins.

I probably should have known bread…er than to think you would go for such rye humor when anyone can buy a butter pun-per nickel any day. Still our players will usually send me at yeast a few guesses just the same.

Answers have been added to the 13 riddles below. Expect Cynthia to post RR #1006 some time of some day this weekend.

Thank you for playing,

Gary Hallock

=================

Good morning PUNY. We have only four players at work on this set and it’s still far-from-settled. Player standings this morning are as follows.

Cynthia - 5 kills
Kirk - 4 and two half kills
Lars - 3.5 kills
Alex - 3 kills

Some of these turned out to be surprisingly obtuse, so I’ve offered below a few hints to get our reluctant lurkers into the game. Scan below and see if anything strikes your fancy and submit an answer or two. Never mind that you don’t have the time, energy or inclination to claim the kill, I greatly crave the comfort of knowing that you’ve at least paid attention to my offering.

Gary

==============

ROGUE RIDDLE #1005 - BUNS INTENDED - (A baker’s dozen) - Launched Sunday, January 5, 2020 @ 11am central

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#

Below you will find 13 short riddles all on the theme of baked goods. Each contains at least one "BLANK" for you to fill. Where you see the word “BLANKS” it means the required answer will still be a single word but in the plural form.
Be the first to supply me with all (or most) of the required punned answers and you will claim the honor of hosting RR #1006 next weekend.

I will be AFK for much of the afternoon, so please forgive me if I am not able to respond to your guesses until early evening. I generally set no deadlines for my games, so as days go by and I sense participation has maxed out or interest has waned, I will post public clues and eventually a winning player and reveal answers. Let the games begin!

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#

1.

When I saw her tossing dinner rolls into a deep narrow hole in the ground, I recognized she was probably not well BLANK. (Non-baked answer is a two word phrase) (Her gender is irrelevant here. I only included it to imply that the writer might have entertained some romantic interest in this person.)
# BREAD / BRED

2.
The chronically tired fish visited the doctor and complained, “Whenever I swim a lot BLANKS will get sore. (Non-baked answer is two words and plays on a fish part)
# MUFFINS / MY FINS

3.
With my left-over dough I created indirect lighting fixtures to illuminate my hallway walls. I call them “BLANKS.” - (The way Brits pronounce this product makes it a better pun.)
# SCONES / SCONCE

4.
When the comedy troupe performs for corporate meetings, they always like to work up some fresh BLANKS.  (Non-baked answer is two words and there’s a bit of slang involved)
# BISCUITS / BIZ SKITS

5.
The baker wrote lots of romantic letters to his sweet BLANK.  (I can’t imagine any clues should be kneaded here)
# TART / HEART

6.
At the bottom of his romantic letters, the baker always signed off, “BLANK & BLANKS.”  (Several players have suggested reasonable alternate words but I’m looking for the more obvious. Hint: neither of these baked goods are commonly sweet)
#LOAF & QUICHES / LOVE & KISSES

7.
Whenever he was unhappy with her cooking, my grumpy Spanish uncle usually directed his anger BLANK.  (Non-baked answer is two words - This riddle is both bilingual and bi-cultural)
# TORTILLA / TOWARD TIA

8.
When the thief was caught stealing flatbread again, the judge threw the book at him because he was a re-BLANK-fender.  (I had hoped to offer a clue for this but could think of naan.)
# PITA / PEAT

9.
When a wealthy baker shops for a luxury car, he will generally pass up the Jags and Caddies. They much prefer to be seen in a BLANKS.  (There is a reason I used slang terms for the two vehicles in the set-up.)
# ROLLS / ROLLS

10.
The wealthy bakers justify their purchase of luxury cars by saying, “It’s BLANK and we can spend it how we like.”  (Non-baked answer is two words)
# SOURDOUGH / OUR DOUGH

11.
After shoveling 16 tons of fossil fuel, I ended up with some really sore muscles. I had a very bad BLANK.  (This is the toughest one of the set, as it’s more of a homograph than it is a traditional pun. - Also the physical malady implied here is just a made-up term)
# COLACHE / COAL ACHE

12.
Before camping at Yellowstone you will want to read the National Park Service disclaimer about getting naked in front of dangerous wild animals. Pay particular attention to the BLANKS.  (Both answers are two words)
# BEAR CLAWS / BARE CLAUSE

13.
Although they still sell plenty of computers, I’m afraid it’s BLANK laptops are not nearly as popular as they once were.  (Computer brand name is the second word of the non-bread answer) [My use of the word “it’s” was not a typo. I could easily have substituted “it is”]
# STRUDEL / TRUE DELL